Mr. Fix It

Being a single woman living alone had it's advantages as well as disadvantages. One of which being when something broke you were the one expected to get it fixed someway somehow. Not saying that only men were handy and could fix things, there were plenty of women out there more than capable of being self sufficient when it came to tools and such, you just weren't one of them. Your lack of knowledge proved to be an issue as you currently stood in the kitchen of your apartment staring at a busted pipe. Water leaked everywhere, and various towels and blankets were spread all along your tile floor. It was a slow leak but none the less, when you had walked into the kitchen earlier unaware of the leak. You had to clutch onto the kitchen island to catch your self from falling onto your backside when your feet tried to give out from underneath of you. So when you opened the cabinet under the sink exposing the pipes you saw a small crack in the rusty pipe.

Back to the present, you huffed in annoyance, trying to decide what to do. You tried calling maintenance but it was the weekend and no one was available. So here you are, and then that's when you remembered who your neighbor was. (pretend he doesn't live in his grandfathers house haha) You and Mac, were more so neighbors than friends but you had, at one time, remembered him mentioning his job often required him to build various different gadgets out of anything and everything. You couldn't deny that you were a tad giddy over the excuse to get to talk to him again. Any woman would be absurd if they said he wasn't attractive. The last time the two of you had talked, you were getting your mail at the same time. He had been gushing over the latest issue of Chemistry Fanatic, a subscription he had. You had discovered by now how nerdy he was, but you had never met a nerd that attractive. While you tried to intently listen, your mind wandered to what was underneath of that navy blue t shirt he was wearing. It took him saying your name three times to come back to reality.

Eventually you had made you way out into the hall, now standing in front of his apartment door marked 3B. Taking a fist you knocked on his door three times, before stepping back to wait for him to answer. You weren't even sure if he was home, you knew at times his work had him travel alot. Yet just as you were about to walk back into your apartment, his front door had swung open, leaving you frozen at first.

"Y/n what's up? Is everything ok?" You saw the concern on his face, and it made your stomach do back flips with how much he cared.

"Uh yeah- I uh- I'm sorry- I don't know why I- I shouldn't bother you." You stammered, while struggling to get out the words. "It's just- I remembered you said you could fix things, and well my pipe is leaking water all over my floor. Maintenance isn't available on the weekends and I-" Before you could finish your sentence though, Mac was leaving his apartment, closing the door behind him, and soon walking into your place with you on his heels.

                                                                                            ***

Roughly twenty minutes later, Mac was laying on your kitchen floor, on his side propped up on his elbow.  He had made some sort of concoction of paste that he was going to put on the crack to seal it. Mentioning that it was only a temporary fix but it would hold you over till the pipe could be replaced. Your kitchen looked like a 6th graders science project had blown up everywhere. Not sure what he had even put in this paste goop but you didn't question it.

"Ok, now when I tell you too, your going to take that wrench and tighten the valve to keep the water from coming, while I seal this crack?" Mac instructed, followed by a Yep and a nod from you.

When it came down to it though, you had turned the wrench in the wrong direction causing water to shoot out like a rocket all over Mac, his face and upper body getting soaked. "Other way!" He shouted through the water hitting his face hard. Rushing to fix your mistake, you had manged to slip on the river of water on your floor, and unlike before you were unable to catch yourself on anything which led to you falling down onto Mac. Knocking him down, his elbow gave out causing him to fall onto his back, with you on top. Now you were getting just as soaked as him, the water hitting your eyes made it hard to see the pipe. Mac took the wrench from you and reached around your shoulders finally turning the water off.

You were both breathing heavily, as you tried to calm your breathing down you looked down at Mac. An instant blush crept over your cheeks, you were currently chest to chest with Mac, your legs slotted between his legs. His hair as well as yours dripping water all over the place, adding to the water all over your floor. A sudden tension filled the air, when Mac's eyes were piercing through yours. They then for a second, moved down to your light pink shirt that was now practically see through, giving him a spectacular view of your lilac colored lace bra. While also giving him a straight view of your cleavage. He tried not to stare too long, and even though you knew he was looking, part of you didn't mind. When his eyes finally met yours again, he was blushing uncontrollably. The tension lasted a few more seconds, until you saw him start to lean in.

Soon enough you felt his lips attaching softly to yours in a slow and blissful motion. You froze at first, your hands laying flat against his chest, before you found yourself soon reciprocating his actions. Then before you knew it, he had turned you onto you back, with him now on top as the kiss grew more vigorous. As the kiss grew more intense, your body reacted in an eager fashion as you threading your fingers through his hair, trying to pull him even closer to you. It had been far too long since a man kissed you like this, and even though your body should be freezing from the water, your body felt like it was on fire.

Mac soon pulled away, breathless, and reluctant "I've wanted to do that ever since I met you, and as much as I don't want to stop I gotta get this paste on."

You blushed, before gently pressing your lips against his in a peck. He smiled back at you, before getting up, then taking your hand and pulling you up.  "While you do that, I'm going to try and put on some dry clothes. I'd offer you a towel or blanket but every single one I own is currently on the this floor."

Mac chuckled as he applied the paste to the crack, knelt down, he looked up at you and smiled "That's alright. I'll dry." He winked, giving you butterflies.

                                                                                            ***

After you had changed into some sweats, Mac had actually went to change as well but soon came back with a couple of his own towels to dry your guys hair. You were currently straddling his lap, while he kissed your neck making your breathless. The mess in the kitchen had been forgotten, as the two of you focused on getting better acquainted. The water on the floor will eventually dry, and the mess from the paste experiment, well that you could care less about. All you were focused on was Mac's lips sucking on the tender skin of your neck. 

"I've liked you ever since you moved into the building." He moaned into your neck, causing vibrations against your skin and a tingle down your spine.

"Really?" You said in utter disbelief while running your hands along his shoulder blades.

"Yeah, I mean I just kinda assumed you were out of my league, your so beautiful and I'm just some nerd I-."

You cut him off by pressing your lips against his lovingly, then pulling away "Your not just some nerd, your smart yeah. Your also handsome, kind, sweet and you happen to be a very good kisser." You giggled, as you saw his cheeks turn red "And I happen to like you too."

Mac grinned widely, and you matched his grin. Before you could say anything Mac asked you a question that gave you chills "Will you go out with me?"

Without having to even think about it you replied "Yes."

Then you both went right back to devouring the others lips, very excited to finally be more than just neighbors all thanks to a busted crappy pipe that flooded your kitchen.