Date + Cancel = Dog House

1 year, a whole year with the man you love.  Tonight Mac was taking you out to dinner at some fancy smancy restaurant that evidently had about a six month wait list. So that went to show you that Mac had been planning this for awhile.

Standing in front of your floor length mirror you took a look at your reflection and couldn't help but smirk "Damn girl." Saying under your breath to yourself. You chose to wear that little black dress Mac loved on you, that stopped at your knees, hugged your curves just right and had thing straps that held up the dress. It was just the right amount of cleavage to drive Mac crazy. Pairing the dress with a simple pair of black strappy sandals, along with some minimalistic jewelry. Before heading out of your guy's shared room you stopped to spray, once again Mac's favorite, some of your perfume on your neck. 

Just as you entered the living room, the sounds of your heels lightly clicking against the hardwood floors brought Mac's attention to you. His back had been previously turned to you, dressed in his best suit.

As he took in your appearance, he let out a breathy sigh before smiling weakly at you "Baby, you look gorgeous." His face however looked distraught, causing a concern to rise in your own face.

Ignoring his comment you frowned "Mac? What's wrong?" Then you watched as his eyes drifted down to his hand, that was clutching hard on his phone, before looking up at you clearly to show you that he was about to disappoint you.

When you finally connected the dots the look of realization hit your face, then it was anger "Mac no! You promised! You said you had it all worked out with Matty, that she wouldn't give you a mission! It's our anniversary!" The tears were already brewing in your eyes.

Mac sighed in defeat, knowing he was hurting you was destroying him "I know baby! I'm sorry, it's an emergency, Matty says it has to be me. Even if she sent the rest of the team, they do not have the skill set that I do. With what this mission is going to entail, I- I don't have a choice." 

You eyes were glossed over, tears now falling down your cheeks "Fine." Your voice cracking as you tried to speak, you turned on your heels to storm back into the bedroom.

Mac was hot on your heels, calling out your name, but you ignored him. 

When he finally walked into the bedroom you were already on the bed, trying to unbuckle the strap on your shoe while avoiding making eye contact with Mac.

Mac frowned, he hated to see you cry especially with him being the one to cause it "Baby?" As he began to change out of his suit and into some more casual clothes for the mission. When you didn't respond he said "I am going to make this up to you when I get back, I promise."

Once both shoes were off, you just sat there on the bed looking down at the ground "Whatever, you will just have to leave again as soon as you get back. Might as well not even bother." Your voice trembled with every word.

Mac just stood there, now dressed in his new clothes, trying to find the right words to say to make this better. "Y/n, I do not want to leave like this. With my job, as dangerous as it is there's a chance I might not...." Stopping himself, Mac did not want to finish that sentence.

He might not come back, he might die. He could die with the last words you said to him were of anger.

Looking up at him you whimpered a little as you tried to speak "I know your right, but I also have  a right to be angry. I have a the right to feel however it is I feel so please do not pull the dying card on me right now." Standing up from the bed you walked over to Mac, noticing his body get tense not knowing what to expect from you. You surprised him by softly kissing lips for just a moment then pulling away. Not even giving him a chance to kiss back "I love you, be safe, don't be reckless, be smart out there and for the love of god you better come back in one piece. You have a lot of groveling to do when you get back."