"I Never Told You"

Song: 'I Never Told You' By: Colbie Caillat

.......

"I miss those blue eyes
How you kissed me at night
I miss the way we sleep
Like there's no sunrise
Like the taste of your smile
I miss the way we breathe

But I never told you
What I should have said
No, I never told you
I just held it in."

You stare down the building in front of you, finding it to be intimidating. Which is ridiculous you know and yet here you are? Having trouble bringing yourself to enter through those doors, that you use to have no problem entering every day. Yet now, six months later you standing still.

Once you gain the courage you enter through the clear glass doors and walk through that familiar hallway. Not much had changed since you worked here, it all looked about the same. You got greeted by former co-workers as they passed you by. Giving them small waves and smiles in return. You left this job when a, let's call it a "complication", arose and so you took the first available job offer you could take.

Being back here now, not by choice, your supervisor at the CIA told you to reach out to your old contacts and your old job for help on a mission. You had instantly regretted how much you praised your old team to your new boss. Since now you had to face that "complication" head on and you were so nervous your whole body shook.

As you entered the war room you were instantly welcomed with open arms and eager hellos by your former team. All except one member of it. As they the rest of them, all five of them, pulled you into a group hug. Your eyes instantly locked with him. The complication. His blue eyes always gave away what he was feeling, though that could be the profiler in you just reaching, but you saw hurt and anger in those eyes. Suddenly feeling even more uncomfortable than you already were feeling prior to this encounter. You watched as he quickly broke contact and looked down at his feet with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Y/n what is up with this outfit? Has the CIA turned you to the dark side? What's with this pants suit?" Desi lightly teased, as she pulled on the bottom of your suit jacket. "Your just one of the suits now I guess huh?" Riley chimed in, as she lightly elbowed you in the side.

Matty then chimed in as well "Don't listen to them y/n I think you look great." You weakly smiled at her as you eyes went back to him. "Hey Mac." You whispered, as your voice lightly trembled.

The guy standing just a few feet away from you all, wouldn't look up at you, avoiding your eyes. "Hey." He said just low enough that you could barely hear him. You weren't the only one feeling uncomfortable, the whole room fell silent and the air was laced with awkwardness. Russell awkwardly cleared his throat "So what's this mission you need our help with?"

You quickly briefed them on what was going on, explaing that a guy on the CIAS most wanted list was somewhere in LA. Since the CIA was already stretched thin with other missions, you guys were limited on operatives to send to LA with you. That's when your boss suggested your former team at the Phoenix to help.

"The guy we are looking for has been building bombs and then selling them to the highest bid on the black web. His bombs are so advanced that no one at our agency has been able to figure out how to disarm them. Unfortunately the two that have gone have, have killed thousands of people at once in other countries. We have Intel that shows there's still one out there somewhere that a group of mercenaries have bought out in Istanbul which is why I'm here." You looked at Mac, forcing him to look at you now "I need you Mac. I need your help. There is no one I trust more than you to disarm this thing. I do not know anyone that has your knowledge of bombs. I know I'm the last person that you want to be around right now, but know that I am begging you to help me keep more people from dying."