May I Have This Dance?

A/N: *it's a long one, sorry, when I get a idea I just can't stop typing*

The bass from the speakers boomed loudly throughout the gymnasium. The darkened room was only lit by the disco ball that hung from the ceiling. As numerous amounts of students and faculty were scattered around the gymnasium.

A school dance. You had to admit you didn't have the best experience growing up with dances, you were the dorky girl that stood up against the wall watching everyone else having someone to dance with but you. Now here you were, with Mac, undercover as teachers. Phoenix had gotten Intel about a fellow teacher who had been hacking into government agencies servers, and leaking sensitive Intel about agents to the highest bidder on the black market.

Matty sent you, Mac and Jack to the school to find out who it was. You being a English teacher and of course Mac being the Chemistry teacher which he insisted on incessantly until Matty agreed. It was pretty adorable.

You looked over to saw Mac pouring some punch into empty solo cups and handing them to students. You got lost in a trance as you stared at him with adoring eyes. Mac was everything, funny, charming, smart, clever, sweet and let's not forget he was just plain effing hot. He was wearing khaki pants, a blue button up with a tweed blazer and eye glasses. He looked so handsome.

Riley, who was the only one who knew of your crush, helped you pick out the perfect dress. She knew Macs favorite color was red so she picked out a showstopper of a dress. It was red of course, with a halter top neckline, that perfectly and tightly hugged everyone of your curves and showed just enough boobage, but not too much to get you in trouble with the other faculty. I mean, the chaperones had to dress appropriately for obvious reasons.

You were just about to take a step towards Mac when you suddenly heard Jack in your ear. "Man, remind me to tell Matty how much I hate that she made me the school janitor. I mean, high school kids are just nasty. You wouldn't believe the things I saw in the bathrooms."

Making a face of disgust you discreetly place your hand on the comm in your ear and spoke into it "Jack we really don't wanna hear about that nor do we care. Just hurry up and finish doing recon on the teachers classrooms while me and Mac still have eyes on them. Remember you have to find something incriminating on their computer so we know which one it is. You have the device Riley gave you to insert into their computer right?"

"Yeah yeah yeah! I know! I'm not stupid alright, give me more credit than that. I am capable of sticking a stick in a hole." Jack groaned.

"That's what he said." You heard Macs voice and busted out laughing at the joke, causing a few weird glances your way. Since to others it looked like you just laughed at nothing. "Uh, I just ya know thought of this funny joke I heard the other day. Ya know, your typical a monkey walks into a bar..." You tried to play it off but they were all staring at you even more confused. "You had to be there I guess." You fake smiled and gave a slight shrug before awkwardly walking away.

As you strutted over to the punch table you saw Mac trying to hold in a laugh. "Seriously?!" You glared at him.

Mac laughed even harder and shook his head "Sorry....uh how about some punch?" He said while holding out a cup for you, while giving you puppy dog eyes pleading for forgiveness.

You rolled your eyes before taking the cup "Fine but only cause I'm thirsty." You went to take a sip when you heard the music suddenly change to a slow song.

Mac suddenly got a weird look on his face before walking around the table, then taking the cup out of your hand and placing it back down.

Just as you were about to ask what he was doing, Mac held out his hand and said "May I have this dance?"