Diner + Dad = Date

Hey guys! I know I have been updating a lot lately but I just got so many ideas all at once lol.

Enjoy :)

                                                                                             ***

                                                                                            *Macs pov*

Friday at 1, like clock work I walk into the nice quaint styled diner. It was like stepping back into the 50's which in my opinion are the best diners you can find. I'm here to meet my dad for lunch like I do every Friday at this time of day, in less I am away on a mission. I soon find him at our usual table and take a seat across from him "Hey dad."

"Hey son, how are doing? I know that last mission was pretty intense, I saw Matty's file about it on my desk yesterday." My dad said concerned, nothing new about that."

"I'm fine dad, it's all good really. I wish you wouldn't worry so much, the dangerous part of the job comes with the territory." I said as I began to look over the menu.

"I know I know, this is just me being an overbearing father. We can talk about something else." He said.

"Good, now what are you getting I was thinking-" But I soon stopped mid sentence when I saw her walking in our direction from behind my dad and my mouth couldn't form words anymore.

The look on my dad's face was confusion, that was until she rounded the corner and was now facing our table. The realization took over on my dad's face, seeing my now flustered state. "Well if it isn't my favorite father son duo. How are the Macgyver's today?" She said in a cheerful tone as her smile beamed from ear to ear. It was the most beautiful smile I had ever seen.

My dad cleared his throat awkwardly when he realized I wasn't going to speak, this is not the first time this has happened. I am sure he has figured out my little crush by now, she had been our waitress every Friday for the past two months and I was hooked since day one. I also acted like a bumbling idiot every time she was around me.

"Oh we're great y/n thank you for asking. I think I am just going to have my usual, what about you Mac?" My dad asked, raising an eyebrow at me, enjoy the teasing a little too much.

"I'll just have a BLT thanks y/n. " I smiled kindly at the woman standing above me.

"Sure thing Mac." She took a second to jot down the orders on her notepad before looking up again "Oh hey, we got some more steak fries in. I know their your favorite. I'll toss some of those on the side ya know since I'm so nice." She smiled at me before giving me a wink and walking off.

I watched her walk off, not being able to tear my eyes away from her. I noticed her slightly turn her head over her shoulder to get another glance at me. I could spot the blush on her cheeks from here when she realized she had been caught. This caused me to smile to myself, but when I turned back to face my dad he sat there with a wide smirk on his face. Rolling my eyes, I groaned "What now?"

"Angus, why don't you just ask the lady out on a date? Or would you rather spend another two months pining after her. It's obvious she fancies you too." He grinned.

"Fancies? Dad no one says that anymore." I rolled my eyes, trying to hold back a laugh.

"Well I'm sorry I don't talk like the kids do nowadays. She's into you is that the proper term?" He says  before taking a sip of his coffee.

"Dad I am sure she's just being nice, she's nice to all her customers."  I said while fiddling mindlessly with the napkin placed next to me.

"Yeah sure, she doesn't know my favorite fries, nor does she make it a point to watch out for them when they come in. Also, why else would she ask about you every time you miss one of lunches because of work. I still come here even when you can't make it, and despite you being away on a mission, she sees that empty seat and asks every time "Where's Angus? Away on work again?" Now I may be an old man, and it's been a while for me in the woman department but I see a slight look of disappointment in her eyes when your not here." Hearing my dad say this made me smile to myself, trying to hide the blush on my cheeks.

Before I could say anything in response, y/n was coming over balancing multiple plates of food. "Alright, I got a BLT and steak fries for Angus." She said before setting the plates down in front of me, and then my dad's food in front of him "An egg salad sandwich for John. Is there anything else I can do for you gentlemen?"

I was just about to politely tell her we were all good but apparently my dad had other plans. "Yeah how about going out on a date with my son here." My eyes grew wide, mortified by my dads bluntness. "Dad!"

Y/n stood there looking as shocked as I did, but a small smile played on her lips which I took as a good sign.

"Look you both are interested, I have working eyes, the only thing the two of you are doing is tip toeing around the inevitable. So, what will it be y/n mm? Let my son take you out on date, if it goes horribly you can yell at me as much as you want. Although, if he's anything like his old man I doubt you'll have a bad time." My dad said, already taking a bite of his sandwich. 

My eyes met y/n's as she blushed deeply, but I could see a hint of teasing in her eyes "I'll think about it." Before she turned around on the balls of her feet and sauntering off.

I  quickly turned back to my dad, now glaring into his souls. He wasn't phased in the slightest though and just smiled at me with a mouth full of food "Your welcome."

                                                                                                ***

Throughout the rest of the meal, we had gotten a different waitress since y/n's shift had ended. I couldn't help but grow more nervous by the minute. Of course my father was telling me to relax and not to overthink it too much. He says this like he just met me.

My dad was getting his wallet out to pay the bill when our waitress started to bring it over. She handed it to him, but then unexpectedly turned to me to hand me a piece of paper "Y/n wanted me to make sure you got this before you guys left." She smiled at me, before taking the little black book with the check in it from my dad and walking away.

"What's it say Angus?" My dad said curious,  his eyes peering over the piece of paper.

' Tomorrow night, pick me up at 6. 4386 Barren rd. Don't be late and leave your dad at home. '

I smiled at the note and my dad laughed as I read it out loud, causing him to once again say "Again, your welcome."

stay tuned for part 2 of the date :)