Adrien + Marinette Fluff (Not my story)

Heyo! Sorry I said I would post this chapter later yesterday and I didn't, I'm really sorry. This chapter is called Move Right Through Me On My Way To You by Aepyceros (the after-sex scene). I'll put the link in the comments. Enjoy!

After mopping up himself as best he can with the rumpled bedsheet, he crawls back up her satiated body. The last of the aftershocks flutter through her as his body hovers over hers, lowering his face to catch her mouth in the softest of kisses. She can smell and taste herself on him, licks her lips as he pulls away with his wide and shining eyes. He really is sunshine incarnate.

It was Alya who gave him the name "Sunshine Boy," but it's like all this time they have only had glimpses through clouds of the radiance that is his soul. A sunbeam peaking through in Adrien's soft, model smile. Another in Chat's wink or heartfelt laugh or turn of phrase. But the true warmth of his heart is so much more than the sum of the parts he's previously, guardedly disclosed. More than sunshine, he is the sun. Her sun. It's no wonder she has been inexorably circling in both his orbits. She really never stood a chance.

Adrien rolls himself to lay alongside her, head propped up on his elbow as he looks down at her.

"Hi," she says through the smile of the afterglow on her lips.

"Hi," he returns with a version of his model smile that is the real and genuine article. The gentle, careful smile that made her fall in love with him pales by comparison, and she falls in love all over again now seeing it for real. She knows she's doomed to fall forever and is one hundred percent on board with that plan.

But beneath the bliss of basking in the radiance of Adrien - of Chat - her heart also aches with all the times and ways he's concealed the best of himself at the behest of someone else... For the way he let his father flatten him into an approved and acceptable two dimensions. For the years he kept himself in shadow at her own ultimately-pointless demand for secrets and separate lives, when all along they were already inseparably intertwined with one another [and hopelessly in love to boot].

In the end, though, they both needed to know that they were enough in their own right as all of themselves, as the whole of themselves, behind whatever mask necessity required. Now they do, without a doubt. It doesn't mean they don't need to hear it. It doesn't erase the toll it took to hide as halves in plain sight for so long. At least she's had support from both sides of the mask while he's been so alone in all the ways that really matter.

"I can't believe it's you," he whispers, reverently.

"Hey, you stole my line!" she pouts back.

"Would you say...the...cat got your tongue?"

She suppresses a smile, not without difficulty, and shakes her head.

"I'd say the cat STOLE my line. And I did."

He chuckles, strokes the hair above her ear, swipes his thumb along her cheek. His eyes are memorizing every feature of her bare and open face, from the way her nose crinkles when she pouts to the way her lashes flutter at his touch.

She catalogues the way his damp hair frames his face, the arch of his eyebrows, the green glow of his eyes like a cat's in the moonlight, even in his civilian form. It's so damn obvious! She wants to smack herself for being so oblivious for so long, so blinded by the same illusions as everyone else while wanting so desperately to be the one who was special and saw him for his heart. But in the end she did, didn't she? And he saw her as well. And they found a way to love and find each other in every aspect, even in their obliviousness.