Adrien + Marinette fluff (not my story)

This one-shot is so cute i wanted to dieeeeee.

One-shot called 10 things I "hate" about you by Malauu_Ladynoir

NONE OF THESE STORYS ARE FROM WATTPAD THEY ARE FROM A WEBSITE (NOT APP) CALLED ARCHIVE OF OUR OWN!

Enjoy <3

Marinette shuffled edgily in her seat, her gaze focused on the romantic play being performed in front of her. Not that her seat was uncomfortable, not at all! She was just too delighted to be there; the Théâtre de Paris was a prestigious place after all. However, she would have preferred to sit next to her friends at the opposite end of the row. Unfortunately, she had been late, so Miss Bustier had told her to hurry, and she'd taken the last seat next to Aurore, a student from the other class in their grade.

Although, maybe it was better that she wasn't sitting near Adrien. Things between them had been a little awkward since their accidental reveal that had occurred a few weeks ago. They'd both used the same classroom to transform, and both he and Ladybug had been left frozen on the spot by the sudden reveal—no pun intended. Since that day, Marinette's usual clumsiness around Adrien had increased tenfold, even when he was Chat Noir. As for her partner, he seemed quite uncomfortable and confused. He wasn't as goofy as he used to be. He didn't seem to know what to do or say around her, which was pretty unusual for him.

She shook her head, trying to chase away her muddled thoughts and focus on the play. But it was easier said than done. She eventually sighed and glanced sideways, surprisingly meeting two bright green eyes looking in her direction. It startled her so much that she let out a squeak. She quickly shot Adrien a cringe-worthy grin before turning away, her breath catching in her throat.

Suddenly, her phone vibrated in her pocket, making her jump in her seat. She apologized to Aurore and took it out, discreetly peering at the message she'd received. It was from Adrien , she realized as she read the name of the sender. She looked up to find him still staring at her with a glint in his eyes she couldn't quite identify.

She blinked in confusion and lowered her gaze back to her phone. Her trembling thumb slide on the screen, opening the message he had sent her.

«I hate the way my heart misses a beat when you're looking at me with those mesmerizing bluebell eyes of yours...»

Her eyes widened, her lips parting in a small 'o' shape. She didn't dare to look at Adrien, feeling her cheeks burning. Suddenly, her phone displayed a second message and she resumed her reading, anticipation coalescing with excitement in her chest.

«I hate it because I was used to seeing the world in black and white until I met you. Now, when you're around, you're the only thing in color, like a firework lighting the twilight. It blinds me so much that everything else pales away in your comparison...»

Her hand reached for her belly, slowly pressing against it. Goodness , his words did things to her. She could feel it. She could feel them inside of her—the butterflies flapping around. She was unaware of the smitten smile that formed at the corner of her lips, as a third message popped up on her screen.

«Actually, I hate the fact that this isn't the only thing that has the power to blind me. There's also your smile, dazzling me every time I see you...»

Marinette's face flushed. Was he even trying to pay attention to the play? Although, the thought of him only having eyes for her made her knees feel like jello. Luckily, she was sitting down, which made her perfectly capable of taking the fourth message, right?

«I also hate the fact that you're so sweet you give me a toothache...»

That one made her laugh and she thanked her lucky stars that everybody in the theater burst into laughter at the same time. It wasn't for the same reason, but it kept her safe from being scolded by the teacher. Silly Chaton. He was incorrigible.