Adrien + Marinette and i think ladynoir NOT MY STORY

This fic is called Unmasked by MissEcchi. The link will be in da comments. This is a long one bc its 2 chapters but I'm putting it into one. ENJOY

 Immediately when the corner of Chat Noir's mask started to crumble at the touch of Ladybug's thumb, the latter snatched her hand back like it's been burnt by hot iron and gawked incredulously. The heroine ignored the way her partner shot his eyebrows up in confusion as the mask magically glued itself back to the tan skin.

Like it was never budged from the start.

What just happened?

"My...My Lady?" Chat reached for Ladybug with a hesitant clawed hand, barely grazing her arm but froze in place politely without grasping the appendage. "What's wrong?" He pressed again.

Gulping and silently cursing her heart to stop panicking and calm the sudden rush of adrenaline, Ladybug stepped back into his space, narrowing her eyes at the base of his mask.

"It almost came off...your...your mask." She answered. "As soon as I touched it, it started to come apart." Ladybug reached for Chat's cheek again, searching his eyes for approval and any signs of doubt. When the hero beckoned her to try again without a word, Ladybug gently grazed his cheek.

The little 'o' of her mouth widened as the parts of the mask beneath her fingers started to disintegrate like a slow cataclysm, revealing skin that she has never seen on her partner's face before. She quickly removed her digits and turned around before his identity could be compromised and glowered at her hands.

She had to swallow down the traitorous glee and curiousity that travelled up her throat as the image of Chat's forbidden face under the mask burned in her brain.

What kind of new, sick power is this?

Why now!?

"You can turn around. I think the mask is back to normal again," Without missing a beat, Ladybug obeyed and her pout deepened at the now pristine, normal domino mask on Chat's face. The teen himself was scratching his head in befuddlement, wracking his brain for any reasonable explanation for this.

The duo were simply relaxing after their night patrol, taking advantage of the little freedom they had to let loose and relax after the relentless weeks of non-stop akuma attacks and endless piles of homework.

'So why did his mask suddenly try to come off right now?!' Ladybug hissed internally and her heart rate began to pick up as overlapping thoughts and scenarios plagued her mind. She almost didn't hear or feel Chat Noir when he called for her attention and even went as far as clutching her shoulders to snap her out of her daze.

"Sorry, what was that?" Her question was met with an endearing sigh from the taller teen, his head shook and his lips quirked up in a small smile. An indication of how amused he was by her antics.

He shouldn't have looked so hot whilst doing that either. Stupid cat...

"I asked if I could see if the same happens to your mask? When I touch it?"

A request.

One that fired up her brain for the umpteenth time, defaulting in her limbs itching to swing away from her partner as fast as she could. A feeling that has never failed to surface whenever the sensitive topics related to their identities and masks were touched. Yet, her heart argued otherwise and the overwhelming feelings of trust and beliefs that she had in Chat Noir silenced the cowardly demons inside, resulting in Ladybug stilling on the spot for the boy.

Noir gulped audibly, not bothering to hide his boyish excitement and leaned down so that he had better access to his Lady's face. The urge to just spread his hands all over her mask in order to reveal her to him was so strong but not as strong as his love and respect for the girl. With rare sensibility, Chat caressed the corner of her mask, closer to her eye.