PIRATE Adrien + Marinette (not my story)

This fic is called Lucky Cat by QuantumChickpea search for Lucky Cat by QuantumChickpea Archive of Our Own on your search browser. I will be posting the first and second chapters of their book so you will have an understanding so it will be a little long. Enjoy!

Summary:

At the tender age of nine-years-old, Adrien Agreste was tossed overboard by his father. He floated in the sea for a while until Captain Fu found him. Newly named Captain Chat Noir after being considered bad luck since birth and hoping to find a new luck as being a pirate Captain at sea... he now commands his own Galleon and crew of men. He has quite the reputation among people, but he isn't exactly how they say.

Once he arrives at a port with his crew... he hears a wife sale, finding a woman that catches his eye and he can't help but bid on her and save her. Thing is, having a woman on board is not only bad luck but a capital offense, so she has to do one thing.... disguise herself as part of the crew and be smuggled on board, keeping her identity secret from the others.

Captain Chat Noir was merely nine years old when he was tossed overboard from his father's galleon for disobeying orders. Some said that he was born from bad luck and so he was given the name, Chat Noir due to the superstition of black cats. Having a polydactyl black cat on board a vessel was good luck and so he hoped being named after such would bring him some. But no matter how hard he tried, nothing seemed to bring him it.

He sighed and fell back into his wooden chair, bringing his mug of grog to his lips as his good luck charm leaped onto his desk. The sliding of his black cat's paws along the maps and parchment made him curse. He grabbed the brass candle stick before it could fall to the floor and start a fire on the ship.

"Bastard cat," Chat Noir cursed and brought his cup to his lips, taking a long drink and cringing at the less than favorable flavor. "God, I cannot wait to get to port, hm?" He scratched beneath his cat's chin with a smirk. "Ladies, food, drink... supplies and a nice bath. Fuck, what I wouldn't give for a nice warm bath and a warm bed with a wench in it."

"What would any of us give, Captain." Nino, his quartermaster, walked into his quarters to talk to him.

"What say you?" Chat Noir brought his boots down from his desk onto the wood deck and leaned onto his desk, trying to ignore how the sea made their vessel shift and bob. The weighted golden hoops in his ears only did so much to help with his sea sickness.

"We're arriving at port soon, Captain." Nino brought his mug of grog to his lips and sat down on Chat Noir's bed.

"How soon?" Chat Noir ran his fingers behind Plagg's twitching ears and scratched before a mouse distracted the aloof cat and made him run off. Chat Noir peered up at Nino with interest, finishing his drink.

"Few hours." Nino shrugged, unsure of how soon they would be there exactly. He could only guess, which Chat Noir had taken into account.

"Gather a log of supplies that need to be replenished until then for me." Chat Noir gestured for his friend to go away to do his duties.

"Yes, Captain." Nino nodded and left Chat Noir alone.

Chat Noir sighed and stood up, walking over to a wooden chest to get ready. He crouched down and opened it, taking in the items that filled the inside. From clothing to treasures that he had gathered along the way as a pirate. When he was nine years old Captain Fu had found him floating on a bit of wood in the middle of the ocean. He had saved him and given him the very name he was known by. Of course, tales had broken out as he had aged. None of them pretty.

He was known for pillaging, plundering, and more unpleasantries, but those that truly knew him... which were few... knew that he wasn't as they said. Yes, he set vessels aflame but only those that had wronged him or those he cared most about, and he had never murdered anyone. He merely would place them on an island, plunder their vessel, and then set it ablaze. Sometimes, he would simply use the element of surprise and take what he needed before leaving. Occasionally, he would tell a simple fantastical story to get what he needed, using empty threats to accomplish it. But he never murdered a man, woman, or child.