Luka + Marinette sin-ish (not my story)

Ok I just want to say something before someone does this because I feel like someone would, I don't care if you skip this chapter you don't have to announce it in the comments, I already said I would post a few lukanette fics just skip them and move on please and thank you❤️

Now for the ones that are going to read this, this one-shot is called Ride or (oh hell I'm gonna) Die by Quickspinner

NONE OF THESE STORYS ARE FROM WATTPAD THEY ARE FROM A WEBSITE (NOT APP) CALLED ARCHIVE OF OUR OWN!

Enjoy <3 (And pls don't hate me after this I read the description and I thought it was interesting)

Luka hated weddings. He didn't mind them in principle, but the fact of the matter was, to his mind weddings mostly meant awkwardly mingling with people you didn't know all that well while waiting to spend approximately two seconds with the only people at the wedding you actually cared about.

This was his first time enduring the extra formalities that came with being one of the groomsmen, though. He should be grateful, he supposed, that the ceremony didn't last any longer than it did, though dealing with the photographer afterwards made him really want a drink. What a headache.

At last the men were done with their pictures. Luka managed to snag a glass of champagne as the women had their turn and the men waited around to see if they'd be needed for anything more. Finally, they were all released to go to the reception hall while Adrien and Kagami took still more pictures.

Luka found himself next to the Maid of Honor as the group wandered in a loose knot toward the doors. Marinette looked lovely, dress impeccably fitted and every hair in place, but she had a stormy look on her face.

"Everything okay?" Luka asked her, offering her his champagne glass. Marinette took it and knocked it back much faster than was wise. Luka raised his eyebrows.

"You're the only person who could have asked me that right now and not gotten a fist to the face, because I know you don't mean it like everybody else does," she muttered, giving him back the empty glass. "If one more person sidles up and oh-so-sympathetically whispers, oh, how are you doing, Marinette? I'm going to do something..." she trailed off, searching for a word.

"Drastic?" Luka suggested.

"Drastic," Marinette agreed. "Possibly violent. Probably stupid. We'll see how I'm feeling in the moment when it comes," she sniffed, and Luka grinned to himself. He probably shouldn't find her ire so cute, but she was still a weakness for him after all this time. They didn't hang out much these days, but they kept in touch, and he knew she'd been over Adrien for quite some time.

Too bad her other friends hadn't gotten the memo.

"If you keep looking like you want to set the curtains on fire with your eyes then you're going to have more people talking rather than less," he advised her. "I hate telling you to smile, but..."

"But you're right," Marinette said with a sigh, and she plastered a smile on her face. "I just have to get through a few more nauseating hours and everything will be fine."

Luka smiled and touched her waist lightly. "I'm here for you. Anything I can do, you let me know. Excuse me, I brought Juleka as my plus one and I need to go find her."

"Give her a hug for me," Marinette's smile looked a little tired but a great deal more genuine. "I'll see you at the reception."

Luka flashed a smile at her and went to find his sister.

"Getting started a little early, aren't you?" Juleka asked, motioning to his empty glass.

"Oh. Yeah, I guess I didn't realize how fast I was drinking it," he chuckled. "Come on, let's go in, they want the wedding party all seated together."