Hawky's Redemption

This isn't a love square, actually, it doesn't include any romantic interest the title says it all.

This may be a spoil from the book "Baby Boom" by ShawnaCanon (I've posted one their one shot from the series if you don't remember its that one embarrassing chapter when yall thought Marinette got rapped and called Adrien's dick ugly 😭)

The one-shot is called Gabriel's Redemption by ShawnaCanon from the Baby boom series

NONE OF THESE STORYS ARE FROM WATTPAD THEY ARE FROM A WEBSITE (NOT APP) CALLED ARCHIVE OF OUR OWN!

Enjoy <3

If you want to read the first book of the series so you have a bit of an understanding of what's going on the book is called Baby Boom. I'll put the link in the comments. By the way, the book is over 100 chapters long so if you don't want to read that I'll put a little spoil of what happened in the first book and some of the series. If you cant access the link try to copy it or search "Baby Boom by ShawnaCanon Archive Of Our Own" on your regular search browser.

For the past several days, Gabriel Agreste had been walking on air, and his employees noticed.

"Mr. Agreste, so good to see you here, sir!" one member of the tech crew said as Gabriel passed him on his way through the outdoor staging area. "Congratulations on your wife's recovery."

The reminder brought a genuine smile to Gabriel's face. "Thank you."

Such a pleasant and warm greeting visibly energized the man, and he turned back to his work with renewed vigor. Well, that was one unexpected yet welcome side effect. If Gabriel could manage to be this happy every day, maybe more would get done around here. Alas, such whimsical moods did not strike him often or easily.

"Mr. Agreste," called out a young assistant carrying coffees, "congratulations on your son's wedding."

"Thank you." The smile that salutation pulled from him wasn't quite so large or warm, but it was still genuine.

Gabriel looked up, noting with approval that the weather forecast had been correct: slightly overcast skies with no precipitation and low wind. Combined with what his lighting people could do, it should give this shoot the right tone.

"Mr. Agreste," said a model as she went by, "congratulations on defeating that beast! That was so awesome how Monarc empowered you and then bam!" She giggled. "Sorry, just—when I saw that on TV, I was like, 'That's my boss!' "

Gabriel's smile was tight and forced. "Thank you. I'm just glad I could be of help."

Using Monarc's power had been necessary to defeat the beast and wake Emilie, but it had been uncomfortable to make that kind of connection with his replacement. It was not something he wished to dwell on.

Today's photoshoot was going to be a large one, with eight models and twenty-four outfits. There were dozens of photographers, assistants, and crew members getting things ready in the park that they'd fully reserved for the day. It was a large enough production that his presence, while unusual, was not shocking.

He made his way to the trailers. There were three for the models—one for the males, one for the females, and one for the lead, cover model—as well as a tent to serve as additional greenroom space. The trailer for the lead model was at the end of the row.

Gabriel wasn't entirely sure what he was doing here. He didn't have a plan. But after his experience as Heartsblade, he was ninety-nine percent sure that he knew who Monarc was. He wanted that last percent, and it would be too suspicious of him to show up at a normal photoshoot.