Chapter 20 MAE DAY

"Where is he?" Uncle asked as the bed was empty.

"You have no rights here, leave!" she yelled. I could see her eyes beginning to show panic... weakness.

"I thought you were dead," I sniped.

"No, Lee was having an affair with a woman who looked similar to me, she was the person who carried out the attack on Suri, and your car. She was a bunny boiler..."

"BULLSHIT!" I snapped. "I don't know who you killed this time to cover your tracks but there is video footage..."

"Not anymore," she said smugly. "Terrible accident in the evidence room."

I lunged for her. I expected someone to stop me but when they didn't and the minute I made contact with her hair I suddenly became enraged and threw her around like a rag doll. Yes it was girlie fighting but I didn't care, I had her shitty extensions in my grasp and used them to full advantage.

She screamed and started to pull mine. Rolling around on the floor as I managed to get on top of her and started to tug her head back and forth smacking it on the floor before letting go with one hand to punch her as hard as I could in the face. It didn't seem hard enough, I tried again as she bucked underneath me like a bull.

"Someone is coming," Rema said and they started to drag us apart. I lashed out getting one final face scratch in. "She hurt my baby's face I was hurting hers!" I yelled.

I felt smug satisfaction as she screamed and held her cheek. I knew I had drawn blood as I had felt the flesh drag under my nails.

The noise of a trolley coming down the hall silenced everyone. Lee was wheeled in unconscious, Bowdie's arms held me still as Uncle stood with his back to me as a shield. Lee was transferred to the bed so we all stood back except Stephanie who stood there faking her affection.

"Oh Lee, my poor love. I'm here. Everything will be ok sweetheart," she said for the benefit of those in the room.

As soon as they left the room I shoved myself out of Bowdies grip and chased her away from the bed.

"Get away from him! He's mine!" I growled but didn't get a chance to fight with her again no matter how fast I moved as Lee's father entered the room in a rage.

"What is going on?" he yelled.

"She attacked me!" Stephanie yelled. "Look at my face and hair!"

"Whatever this is," he said gesturing to us all "...it can wait. Lee is barely alive and I will not have you fighting over him like vultures. Unless you are here to help him, leave!" he said to Uncle.

"I will help Lee but only if Mae gets to say her piece," Uncle replied.

"What would you do?" he asked.

"I will heal him," Uncle replied.

"To what degree?"

"Any degree is better than this, I will do what I can but he is weak," Uncle replied. "Mae has 13 minutes left," Uncle said nodding to the clock.

"This better be good Mae," Lee's father said looking dubious.

"Can I speak to him alone?" I asked.

"No," he replied.

I looked at Uncle.

"Lee is unconscious you can't speak to him," he clarified.

"What other way can we do this?" Uncle asked.

"There isn't another way," his mother said behind us.

I turned to face her and saw the anxiety on her face. The fear of losing another child. I saw it in his fathers face too.