Chapter 38 MAE DAY

"..... and they want to burn my mummy," I heard Suri say as I came around. "So I am going to burn them!" she screamed in anger.

"Suri Grayson, come here child," a male voice called. It was soothing and deep, like a relaxation CD.

"No, I want to..."

"I know what you want and the answer is no," the voice replied calmly. "Come and get a cuddle."

"No I'm angry," she replied.

"I know you are. I also heard you got a new mummy," the voice replied.

"Only for a little while and now they are going to burn her," she said and started crying.

"No one is burning anyone. Now you called me here for a reason. Let me settle this affair and then we will discuss this usage of power before your time," he replied. "Do you want to tell me what is going on?"

"I don't like him, I don't like him and I don't like him," she all but screamed.

"Stop pointing at the counsel members in anger, you have powers and could curse them accidently," the man reprimanded her.

"I want them to go home!" she yelled. "GET OUT!"

"Right I refuse to help you until you calm down..."

"Ahhhhhhh!" she screamed in anger.

"Suri, your mother is awake and healed," Uncle called.

"What... my mummy?" she asked. "Did he lick her?" she sniffled.

"Yes, now come see her and stop cursing," Uncle replied as he helped me up. I was amazed I felt fine. I felt like I just woke up from meditation in yoga class.

"NOOOOO! THEY HURT MY MUMMY, THEY'RE GOING TO BURN!" she screamed.

God I had enough of this! I walked in ignoring everyone and pulled her out of the room by the arm, crying 'noooo mummy' all the way.

"I said no spelling without supervision and I bloody well meant it," I replied. "Get in there," I said dragging her in a smashed up kitchen. "When you are told no, it means no. Don't argue or spell your way out of it. You are five not fifteen."

She cried and cried.

"Who was that?" the man asked.

"Mummy," his son replied.

"But mummy I don't want you to burn," Suri complained as I hauled her away from all the drama.

"Don't worry about me, nothing has been decided and if I have to burn in your place I will," I replied.

"But it will hurt!"

"I'm sure it will only hurt for a little while and then Auntie April and Uncle Glenn will appear and take me to live with them and the baby," I replied fight back the tears as I was terrified but also because the thought was a nice one. I would welcome death if it got me away from all this mayhem and back with my sister and the baby.

I pulled a blanket off a pile of washing in the utility room and wrapped her up in it. Her little face looking sleepy the minute the blanket wrapped around her head. I pulled a chair upright so I could sit her on my lap and began rocking her side to side like a baby.

"I'll burn for you," she offered.

"Little girls don't burn," was all I could think to say.

"Why?" she asked, frowning at me with eyes full of tears.

"Because Mummy's would die of a broken heart if their baby burned so they take their place and watch their little girl from heaven."

"Like my mummy who grew me in her belly?" she asked.