Chapter 29 MAE DAY

"Mae," Lee called. "Let me help you," he said as the pain crippled me.

I heard myself crying out but had no control over it.

"Hold onto Lee, he will help you just like you helped him remember," Uncle called over my screams.

I couldn't feel him to hold. Pains shot down my left leg.

"Sury Grayson you have been told to stay out!" Uncle yelled.

"I want to help my mummy!" she screamed in temper.

"Suri it will hurt," Lee warned.

"I'm brave," she said.

"You mean you've spelled," Lee said disapprovingly.

She huffed.

"Spelling yourself doesn't work. If it did I would still be young and virile," Uncle replied as the pains tore through me and Lee tried to offer me comfort.

"It does work!" Suri yelled.

"Right this will teach you," Uncle said. "Make way for the naughtiest witch in town."

She giggled.

"It's not funny," Lee snapped. "And you are about to feel a lot of pain so don't blame me when you cry."

"I won't cry, I'm big now," she replied moodily. I felt her in my arms. "Ahhhh," she said as I felt energy rush from my body into hers. I tried to stop it but.... "It's stinging," she cried. I tried to let go but my body wouldn't listen to my commands.

"Told you," Lee said.

"Owwww," she cried. "It's pinching my insides."

"I know sweetheart, see magic is not always the answer," Uncle replied.

We lay there, Suri crying and in pain because of me.

"Don't worry, Lee is taking it from her. She is just the conduit getting tiny shocks, nothing like what you had before or are feeling now. It passes through quickly as he absorbs it at the other end. Visualise pushing it out of you like a shield instead of lightening bolts," Uncle advised.

I tried to do as instructed. Imagining myself sparkling like tinkerbell. I could feel Suri's tiny body against mine her legs shaking as the current flowed through.

"Good girl, you are very brave," Lee whispered.

"Can we go to Disney Land?" she asked as the pains diminished to just the odd one. It was working.

"We will discuss it when mummy is better and you can learn to behave and not use magic," Lee promised.

"I want a get down," she said wriggling to get free of me. "You cuddle her."

"I don't think mummy wants me to cuddle her," he whispered.

"Mummy, Daddy can cuddle you can't he," she said as though he was being silly.

I nodded eager to let her go so she wouldn't hurt anymore. Suri moved and I felt Lee take her place. He was wearing his boxers and nothing else. Skin to skin but I couldn't remember if I was wearing any clothes and couldn't focus enough to assess myself. I lay against him as more shocks played pinball wizard with our bodies. When they finally subsided I dared to open my eyes a little. I was in a room, not my bedroom. Another room with no windows in my eye line.

"Are you in a lot of pain?" Lee asked.

I nodded as I was. My whole body felt burnt to a crisp.

"We will get you something for it," he whispered.