Chapter 35 MAE DAY

I took a deep breath before entering the room with Suri.

"Well it was lovely to meet you and congratulations on a new daughter in law, I am sure they are going to make each other very happy," Wendy said as Mike packed their kids in the car.

"BYE!" Suri yelled waving and handing out hugs and kissed to Mike and Wendy.

I watched them drive off before making eye contact with the others.

"So who do I apologise to first," was all I managed to say before feeling like complete idiot.

"Suri why don't you go sit in there with the babies for me and I'll put a film on for you," I said as I noted the serious expressions on all their faces. Something was going on and it trumped my storming out session.

Lee lifted the babies into their bouncers and placed them in front of the TV as Suri sat down and I put the film on she chose. All the time the others were silent.

"I'm in big trouble aren't I?" I asked Lee as he strapped Willow in.

"We," he replied. "Best we just sit and listen."

"God I feel like I'm at the principals office."

"We are," he whispered.

He walked through to the other room.

"Are you ok?" I asked Suri as I gave her and the cat and extra tuck in with her sofa blanket.

"What do they want?" she whispered.

"I don't know sweetheart but no spelling, just watch your film and go to sleep," I replied giving her a kiss and cuddle before heading off to join them.

"I want my daddy," she cried making me turn around. The memory of the first time she did it sprung to mind. Her hands on face as she broke her heart in a silent cry that would turn into screams as soon as she caught her breath. Something was wrong and she knew it.

Lee appeared and picked her up, rushing her out of the room as she hit the scream button. I heard him take her upstairs.

"What's going on?" I asked feeling heartbroken for the child.

Uncle motioned for me to take a seat.

"The counsel will be here shortly," he replied.

"Suri is tired nothing is getting done her today," I replied. "It can be discussed tomorrow."

"It is a different counsel and they are here for you and Lee not Suri," he replied. "That is why Lee didn't want you to come back here."

I felt a wave of dread.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Suri's cries carried down the stairs. She was bereft.

"Does he have to leave Suri?" I asked looking towards the stairs and when I looked back I could see his mother was struggling to hide her tears. "What is going on?" I asked his father.

"There has been a development," he replied.

"What kind of development?"

"You married my son on the premise of claim, due to carrying an heir," he replied.

"What and I lose the baby so I lose him?" I asked.

"Somebody else has opposed your union..."

"Well they should have done it at the wedding; it is too late now..."

"No, it isn't. You haven't consummated..."

"I've just lost our baby I can't," I replied and started to cry as I felt a total failure.

"This person claims to be carrying his heir also," his father reluctantly informed me.

"What?" I was stunned.

The door knocked making me jump.

Suri's crying grew to hysteria. "Noooooo!" she screamed.

Uncle answered the door and in walked three men.

"I'll go fetch Lee," his mother said walking off, sobbing as soon as she got into the hallway.

"Are they here to take Lee?" I asked his father.

He nodded.

"But he is mine, I claimed him, we are married," I replied tears racing down my cheeks as he gave me a sorrowful look which I knew meant it was too late. I rushed off into the kitchen and hid in the utility room so I could cry into a towel. Suri's was heartbroken how could they do this to a baby!

"Mae, they are going to need you for this bit," Uncle said knocking on the door.

"I don't want to be a part of it," I sniffled.

"Don't leave him on his own Mae," a voice whispered in my head but I still looked around in habit to see who was talking.

"Who's that?" I thought.

"Its nanny," Suri whispered again in my head. "We're doing magic...shhh."

I immediately felt secretive and shifty eyed.

"She is not having my son Mae," his mother whispered.

"Mae, they need you to come out," Uncle called through the door.

"One minute," I replied aloud.

"Who is this 'she' you are on about?" I thought to his mother.

"Steph..."

"Fucking!" I said out loud fuming immediately. "How is she carrying an heir? He never slept with her!"

"Suri stay out of this bit of the conversation please," her grandmother ordered and I felt like a line was put on hold. "The day Lee went to fetch the wedding attire. She must have got to him then. He was late back. Distant, temperamental and angry you saw that for yourself. I didn't understand why he jeopardised what could have been a beautiful wedding by inflicting unnecessary anxiety in you. I thought it was his recovery and the stress of the wedding. Now I suspect a spell. Her father contacted us shortly after you left and Lee followed. He said they were intimate the night before the wedding and sent a video to back up the evidence."

"She spelled him and filmed it!" I was stunned.

"Yes, and now they know there is no heir due to your fall she is free to claim as you can't consummate the marriage. I am using everything in my power to prevent her pregnancy but I couldn't save my son from her spell," she started to cry. "I'm sorry I have failed you all."

"It's ok Nanny," Suri said and started to cry again.

"Mae," Uncle called.

"Two secs," I replied.

"What do I do?" I asked his mother.

"You can't do anything and neither can he. Just be there for him in these last moments before you are torn apart," she replied.

"We'll see about that!" I said and opened the door storming out.