Chapter 76 - Mae Day

"You dare die! Just you dare!" my sister screamed. "Get back in that body right now and start breathing before I fucking kill you!"

I couldn't move, I just lay there looking up at her.

"Glenn do something! She has to save our babies. Please help her!" my sister was hysterical.

"I can't it's too late," he said looking down at me.

"Like fuck it is! Please Uncle, please!" my sister screamed as Uncle knelt beside me his hands covered in blood, staring ahead. She tried to shake him but he didn't move an inch. "PLLLEEEEEEASSSEEEE!" she screamed, again trying to shake him in desperation. "Bowdie, please," she said running around to try and shake him as well.

"April, she is leaving. Come on we have to go," Glenn said gently.

"NO! I won't let her die! She is my sister. She doesn't get to say when or how she dies!"

"Lee killed her. She didn't get a choice," Glenn replied. "It's too late."

"I'm going to kill him with my bare hands! Where is he?" she asked her face turning towards the window.

Glenn sighed.

"Don't you dare defend him! Don't you even think it!" she yelled. "Just look at her, look what he did to my sister! She looked after me all my life; she sacrificed everything for me and has done the same for our children. We promised Lee would never hurt her. Now look!"

"I'm sorry," was all Glenn said as I felt my body become looser and less locked in.

"Why is no one helping her?" my sister sobbed. "You bunch of useless bastards! All the powers in the world and you let her die! It's not like when we died, she wasn't alone in a car park and thrown from her body. They could barely keep my body going long enough to cut the babies out. Uncle knew I wasn't there. He knew I was with you. He will know she is still there. Why isn't he helping her?"

"Because she has asked him not to. He can't help if the soul is not willing," Glenn replied looking out of the window.

"You are more concerned about that murdering brother of yours than my sister!" April screamed at him.

"Your sister is dead. My brother is alive and being hunted. You have no idea what they will do to him when they catch him."

"I hope they rip him to pieces, like he did to her!"

Glenn shook his head annoyed.

"April! Don't bad mouth my brother!"

"He ate my sister!"

"That's enough you two!" a voice called over the top of them. "Being married to Lee is not that bad, I should know," the woman said and knelt down beside Bowdie trying to stroke his hair soothingly as he cried. "Don't worry dear brother this is not your fault."

Suri's mother. I couldn't focus on her enough to tell if Suri looked like her.

"You were married to him and you died too," April sobbed.

"Lee never killed me. He was kind, gentle and loyal. As he has been with her until now. We were a paper marriage, we had no interest in each other but we respected each other. He turned a blind eye to my affair so I could be happy. He would do the same for Mae. He would never attack her without provocation."

"She is dead!" April yelled.

"Not quite. Something is holding her here. My daughter has a strong hold on her and having never known me, Mae is her mother. She has done everything I wish I had lived to do with my baby. I wish Lee had met her as soon as Suri was born. Instead he was left to struggle alone and when you passed, Mae was alone. That is her connection, he is her 'one love' and she is his but he had lost her in the madness of all this chaos. He was never good at this life. He just wanted to be normal."