Chapter 37 MAE DAY

I froze, barely able to breath. "Stay still," Lee said in my head. "I won't hurt you."

"I don't like it!" I thought back terror ripping through me. "You promised no lions in the house."

"I am your protector. I will not let them punish you..."

He stopped to roar as someone said something he didn't like.

That was it all bravery gone, I screamed in fear.

"Lee Grayson you are not permitted to use that form when in counsel!" a man yelled with authority.

He roared again and swiped a paw at the man, barely missing.

"Lee please just think of Mae," his father pleaded. "Nothing has been decided..."

Another roar ripped out again I screamed along with it and when it was silent all I heard was my own pleading sobs for someone to help me.

"Lee let the human go," a man pleaded. "Please she is terrified of you."

Lee put more weight on me in protest. I screamed and tried to reach out a hand to the man in front.

"Please help me," I begged.

He looked shocked, terrified. He wanted to help me but couldn't.

Thunder roared and the ground shook beneath me. I screamed again and tried to get free but I was like a mouse under a cats paw.

"Now look what you've done!" Lee's father yelled.

I looked ahead as everyone scattered and the floor in my front room blew open. I closed my eyes tight as I screamed.

I heard a roar unlike anything I had heard before. The thud of something hitting the ground making the house shake. A flash of lightening lit the room and crackled around me.

"Good evening gentlemen," a very well spoken male voice said addressing them all.

"Conrad," Lee's father replied.

"Lee, I am in human form why are you still a lion?" the man asked as though it was disrespectful. "I am not a threat. Shake it off so we can get whatever the issue is resolved."

Lee roared and swatted a counsel member sending him flying across the room.

"What are you protecting?" the voice asked and I heard feet approach. "Is that a human?" he asked. I was too scared to open my eyes. "Give me that!... Leave!"

Lee growled.

"Lee take your big lion ass off the human, you are squashing it! I will not ask again. Give it me... now!" he said pulling my hand.

Lee stayed still.

"Lee, I will call my father and shit will get real up in here so give over the human and become one yourself or so help me I will move you and eat the human!"

Lee roared.

"GIVE ME THE HUMAN!" the man yelled.

Lee roared.

I screamed again as he crushed me.

"Now look you've made it cry, give it..."

A tousle broke out leading to me getting stamped on by Lee's huge paws several times.

"Give.... me...the ... human!"

Lee moved quickly, his huge teeth grabbing my leg and dragging me across the room away from everyone.

I screamed so loud I bust a lung.

The feeling of a lions mouth on your ankle has only one reaction. I spun around as far as I could smacking Lee on the head to get him off and screaming. It worked he let go momentarily and I was yanked away by the man.