Chapter 23 MAE DAY

I had never showered so quick in my life. Yelling for someone to bring me a razor and some shampoo... and towels. I really hadn't thought ahead before diving in.

I was also painfully aware that Lee was probably trying on a suit, if he was well enough.

"Is Lee well enough to go through with this?" I asked as I sat there brushing the knots out of my hair.

"Yes he is fine, back on his feet and raring to go," his mother replied as she played with Bay.

"You do know if you lie when holding a baby a fairy dies," I told her.

She laughed, "Who told you that?" she asked.

"No one, just testing," I replied with a giggle.

"He would much rather be meeting you at the end of the Aisle instead of Stephanie," she said before blowing kisses into Bay's neck which had him giggling and the rest of the room in return.

"What is Suri wearing as Bridesmaid?" I asked.

"Ahhhhhh!" Suri squealed as she realised she would be one.

I saw the 'oh shit, hadn't thought of that' look on her grandmothers face.

She pulled a phone out of her pocket and dialled a number as I tugged at the knots in my hair and Suri helped.

"Lee, you need to get Suri a bridesmaid dress and something for the twins. Oh and bridal underwear for Mae. Don't forget the stockings and shoes," she said into the phone.

"DADDY!" Suri said rushing over and bouncing about with her hand out for the phone.

"Wait a second," her grandmother replied.

"DADDY!" she yelled almost on her lap and squashing Bay.

"You can talk to him in a minute," she promised. "Right, Lee are you listening? The bride needs shoes, stockings and underwear. Make them sheer stockings not white, just like you did for April. She needs a bouquet and Suri will need some flowers too."

"And a tiara," Suri yelled. "Dad! A tiara!"

"He can hear you. Sit down and wait your turn," she snapped and Suri sat down on the bed in a huff, arms folded, pout and very much the little girl I saw with her father at the hospital that day when she chose her grandfather for comfort after the hot chocolate incident.

"So bride... ok I know you have got it. Suri needs an entire outfit as do the babies. Hmm, hold on I will ask," she said looking over at me. "What colour suit should be wear and what flower?"

I was stumped.

"She is shrugging, just get what you want sweetheart. What flowers do you want?" she asked me.

"Erm..." I shook my head unable to think of or name a flower.

"She has got a preference.... ok hold on. Do you want the same as your sister?" she asked on his behalf.

"Yeah," I managed to stutter out.

"Daddddddd!" Suri whined impatiently.

"Everytime you interrupt it takes longer," she was told. "Brides underwear, stockings, shoes and flowers. Oooo don't forget the rings... what size are you?" she asked me.

I shrugged. I didn't have a clue. She leant ushered me over to have a look at my hand.

"She's an 'M' I think," she spoke into the handset.

"Are you sure you want to do this Lee?" I called rudely into it from the other side. Suri laughed and started to call 'Hi dad' as well.

"You two... away," she said shooing me.