Chapter 15 - MAE DAY

"Whoaaa, take it easy," Bowdie said as I opened my eyes.

I immediately noticed the sick feeling in my stomach.

"I'm going to be sick," I said whilst trying not to throw up.

"Quick, somebody pass me something," he said reaching out a hand and returning with an empty coal bucket.

"Try not to move her," I heard Uncle say as I fought against the sickness. The coal bucket was too pretty to puke in. Someone had polished it and... too late I threw up in it.

I heard Suri start to cry over the sound of my retching.

"It's ok darling Mummy it just over tired, she needs some rest. All you kids outside," Carla ordered.

"Oooo mmmmuuuummm! We want to watch her get sick," was the cries.

"Watching people get sick is not fun, get out," she said.

"NO!" one defiant child yell.

"OUT!" Bowdie growled and they all ran.

"Thank you Daddy," Carla said as I hung over the coal bucket, breathless, eyes streaming and fully aware I had puke splatter on my chin, clothes and hair.

"It's ok," Bowdie said gently patting my back.

"Sorry," I replied and started to cry with embarrassment. Plus I felt so dizzy I just wanted to lie down and sleep but was homeless with three kids who depended on me so couldn't.

"It was my fault," Rema announced. "I didn't know she was hu..."

"How about we run you a bath?" Carla said over her. "Help you get settled. I think you could do with a good 12 hrs sleep," she said.

"How many hours are you getting?" Uncle asked.

"2-3 a night and a few naps in the day," I replied.

"When one settles the other wakes?" he guessed.

I nodded, "It is worse recently as Willow has been ill and Bay has been teething," I replied as Carla passed me a baby wipe to clean up.

"I thought Bowdie had been helping," she asked.

"I was but I can sleep through any kid crying," he replied as he walked off with the puke bucket.

"Bloody men!" she said rolling her eyes. "I swear the only one of you who ever deals with their kid at night is Lee. Never asked for help or a nanny just got on with it and fit his work life around it..."

Uncle cleared his throat.

"Oh shit... erm... well used to," Carla said. "Come on lets got get you settled."

She led me upstairs to a huge bedroom with a four poster bed and windows looking out onto a balcony. I was too keen to get into the bed and sleep to think of the view. I could hear the bath running and knew there was no point in getting puke splattered clothes on the bed. I started to remove my clothes.

"Your bath is ready," a maid announced to Carla.

"Thank you," she replied on my behalf.

"You have a bath and I will watch the kids," Carla said with a reassuring smile.

"How's Willow?" I asked.

"Asleep and exhausted," she replied. "Bay has gone to the nursery too. Don't worry they are quite safe. Look how fat and happy my son is and he's having a nap too. It is two doors down from you."

I took a few slow deep breaths as I started to feel woozy again.

"Are you sure you are ok? You look a bit..."