Chapter 27 MAE DAY

"Mummy is poorly because you and nanny are doing something you shouldn't," Lee whispered. "Did you promise mummy that you would not spell?"

"Yeah," Suri's voice croaked.

Lee sighed.

"I have made a mistake by loosing my temper and you have made one by breaking a promise. You can fix your, I can't fix mine," Lee whispered, his voice cracking. "Please stop the spell."

"I can't," Suri whined.

"Yes you can."

"No, she ate it. I can't get it out of her belly," Suri sniffled.

"You spelled her food and nanny spelled her tea. Do you realise how dangerous that is?" Lee asked.

Suri whimpered.

"Not only that, Uncle had already helped mummy so she would be more relaxed for today. She now has three spells in her."

"Sorry Daddy," Suri croaked. "I just took her scares away."

"Suri 'scares' are important as they help people make the right decisions. I know you thought you were doing the right thing but you are 5 years old and don't understand adult things yet. Nor should you, you should stay innocent for as long as you can."

The door creaked open.

"Well what was the confession?" his father asked.

"Tell him," Lee commanded.

"In her belly," Suri mumbled.

"In what form?" her grandfather asked.

"Egg," she replied.

"You spelled the eggs."

"She's not scared now. It's not bad," Suri protested.

"Where have you kept the shells?" he asked.

"NO!" she yelled.

"Nanny gave up her spell and Uncles was only to help her relax and in no way harmful it wears off like drinking wine. You Suri have caused the most upset. Do you know that your mummy is so poorly because of magic that she has forgotten who you are? She hasn't noticed how pretty you look in that dress or how cute the babies are in their outfits. She doesn't know who daddy is and soon she won't know who she is," he told her.

She started to cry.

"Don't start with the crying Suri," Lee snapped. "You take me to the shells right now or I will let the others take you with them."

"NO! Please daddy...."

"Shells!" he growled.

"Okaaay, they are buried by the tree," she whined.

"Show me," Lee ordered and left.

"Mae, we will have you back on your feet in a minute. Feel free to kick Suri's little ass," her grandfather replied in the meantime lets get those eggs out of you.

"The wedding is at noon," I replied automatically.

"Yes it was, but you are already married so don't worry about the time," he replied.

"Brides smile," I replied.

"Yes they do, come on into the bathroom."

"Walk behind the girl," I replied.

"Walk with me this time. Kneel,"

"Kneel and repeat the word," I replied.

"Bend over the toilet."

"The grooms face is leaking," I said as I looked at the water in the toilet bowl.

"Yes well it wasn't exactly the wedding of the year. Now put your fingers down your throat until you are sick," he replied.

I did as instructed, my throat choking, my stomach convulsing as the contents ejected themselves.

"Good girl, more," he ordered.

I repeated the action.

"Wonderful, well done. Stand," he said helping me. "Here is your tooth brush. Brush your teeth."

I stood in front of the sink and enjoyed the feeling of cleaning my mouth.

"We have it," Lee said coming in.

"Come take a seat Mae, we have something for you," Uncle said appearing.

"I already have it," I replied. Pulling my silk nightgown aside to show the garter on my stocking thigh.

"This is a different gift. That one is for your husband," he replied.

"Oh," I said and pulled it off. "Here," I said passing it to the groom. "Congratulations."

"And to you," he replied as he took the garter and stared at me like I was about to disappear.

"Lee you best leave in case you scare her. Return to the wedding with Suri and reassure the guests the bride is just under the weather but will appear later if she feels up to it," his father ordered.

"Hand out," Uncle ordered.

I did.

"Hold this egg," he said placing it in my hand. "Put your other on top of it so you are ready to crust it when I say."

I did as instructed.

"Read these words allowed and crush the shell in your hand," he said holding out some words on paper.

"Let what was mine, return to my mind and that which I fear, return here," I read aloud and crushed the eggshell in my hand. It was empty. "There is nothing in it," I said looking up. An image flashed in my mind. I blinked as several more rushed in. Covering my eyes as an onslaught of terrifying images pouring into my mind drowning me in fear.

I couldn't scream as I scrambled around trying to escape my own mind.

"Every thing she has ever feared, ever moment of that fear is returning at once," Uncle said in a panicked voice.

"I'll call my wife, try and find something for her to focus on that is familiar and doesn't scare her."

Spiders, Bees, Snake bites, crushing waves pulling me under...

"There has to be something here you can relate to," Uncle said rummaging for something. "Ahhh I have something," he said rushing out of the room.

A low growl... I heard it... oh my god! I back away staring at the open door in terror. Screaming as a panther jumped out of the darkness onto the bed and hisses at me. I held my hands out in between us.

"Nice kitty... stay," I whispered backing up as it stalked towards me. It's huge fangs glistening as it growled. In slashed a paw towards me, its claws catching my dressing gown. I tugged myself away, running out onto the balcony rushing to slam the door behind me but as I did it pounced knocking me forward with such forced it knocked me over the balcony.

I screamed for a moment before I hit the floor with a sickening thud.