Chapter 65 - Mae Day

I dove on Uncle and hugged him to death, earning me a 'Urrhhhh' as he ran out of breath.

"Can we go see Lee this afternoon?" I asked.

"After yesterdays disaster," he said pulling a face.

"That was different. We could ring and book five minutes just to drop him some lunch or something," I suggested.

"Make me a coffee and I will think about it," he said. "Right where is safe to sit around here?" he asked alluding to last night.

"Nowhere!" I grinned.

"I'll just lie on the floor then," he said which earned him an eyebrow wiggle and smug grin.

"Patio," he suggested.

I bit my lip and looked around trying not to laugh but once he started I couldn't help but join in.

"Bloody Lions marking their territory. I'll have to redo it all when you leave," he teased. "What about the arm chair?" he asked.

I realised we had missed a spot but he rushed off to claim it shouting "Yes!" before turning the news on and shouting for coffee.

By the time we got into town it was approaching midday as I wanted to look nice. I had stopped at a bakery which I adored. Wendy had introduced me to it years ago. It was so diverse and creative I knew I would get what I wanted from there. I squealed when I saw them and I carried Lee's cupcakes like a cat that got the cream.

Uncle didn't even have to announce us, as the receptionist remembered who we were and told us to go through. Emma was sat at her desk looking very busy and looked up briefly before returning to her work. Seconds later the penny dropped who was in her eye line and she looked back to us in shock.

"Oh sorry, I didn't realise you were coming in today," she said looking concerned and flicking through a desk diary to see if she had missing something.

"We don't have an appointment. Just dropping something off," I said passing her the cupcake box. "Can you make sure my husband get these please?" I said smiling as she looked so nervous bless her.

"Of course. Are you sure you don't want me to call him out of the meeting for you?"

"No thank you, I just wanted to surprise him with this," I said fighting the urge to say yes go get him!

"Did you like your surprises yesterday?" she asked. "He ducked out of a meeting to go get them. Apparently I ask too many girly questions."

I laughed. "I loved them and feel totally spoilt so trying to surprise him and little with this gesture."

Uncle cleared his throat.

"We best get going," I said taking the hint. "Thanks again."

As we headed to the lift I thought back to the 'belt' incident. I don't know what went on there but Emma certainly didn't have the hots for Lee. He was a pain in her ass and she couldn't believe he had found someone to put up with him. Empathy was good for one thing at least. Lee could never cheat... I would know! The same as I had know with all my ex's.

We headed off on our wine tasting tour. Uncle was still horrified at my choice yesterday and insisted we get wasted together this afternoon. As such we had a chauffer. I felt so posh! I noticed that when you feel posh you instinctively hold your head higher and nose in the air. It made me laugh and when I told Uncle he guffawed for ten minutes straight at my discovery.

We were collecting Lee's mother on our way to the wine tasting as Uncle said she was free and it would be nice to get tipsy with her. Getting drunk with the mother in-law... excellent plan!