Chapter 43 MAE DAY

"Mae," Lee called quietly.

I opened my eyes and closed them again too tired to listen.

"I've run you a bath. Go have a soak whilst I finish the dinner and then we can have an early night."

I opened my eyes more and came around a bit.

"Here we go sit up," he said helping me. He passed me a cup of tea and a cookie. I smiled at the cookie.

"I filmed her making them for you," he said passing me his phone and pressing play.

There she was kneeling on a chair. Hair tied back in a pony and her sleeves rolled up.

"What are you doing baby?" Lee asked her.

"Making cookies for my mummy," she said smiling at the camera. Her face was so grown up.

"Don't spell them," Lee warned her.

She tutted and rolled her eyes "I know," she said spilling flour into the bowl.

A crash was heard in the background, the camera move as Lee was running with it. He put it on a table so all I saw was ceiling but I heard what was going on.

"Willow, that is naughty," he said annoyed.

"Meeeee," she said in the cutest baby voice.

"No leave it," he said making me smile. "Bay come away."

"No!" Bay said clear as day.

Another crashing sound.

"Put. It. Down!" Lee growled.

They both screamed in unison at him and I giggled.

"Right get in the playpen," I heard them giving out as he lifted them up. "Watch how quickly they get out," he said pointing the camera at a playpen.

My god they were totally different, they were toddlers not babies. They were standing up, walking about and picking things up.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1..." Lee counted down.

Bay launched himself out of the playpen with a toy truck as a booster. Tumbling onto the floor and was landed on by Willow two seconds later. There was no crying just 'ugh' and toddled off to play. Willow, blonde hair and green eyes, they had been blue before like my sister, it must be the lion thing. She was dressed in a pink cord dress and matching tights with a cardigan. Bay was in jeans, tshirt and a hoodie. He was chunky with darker hair and green eyes. My sister got her wish, two babies with green eyes like their father. Bay turned the TV over with the remote. The clever bugger! They both squealed at a kids programme and started dancing wildly and laughing. I giggled.

"God I hate this programme... Coming," Lee yelled on screen and disappeared into the kitchen.

"They are ready for the oven and I've kissed everyone," Suri said holding up the tray.

"Beautiful I'll put them in, say hi to mummy," he said passing her the phone.

"Look mummy," she said into the camera showing me her missing bottom tooth, sliding her tongue in and out of it. "It came out last week and the tooth fairy had flu so was late collecting my tooth." She was still annoyed. "She gave me £10 and daddy said that included a late fee but there is nothing in the toy shop for £10 unless you are a baby and want a rattle."

"Stop moaning down the phone, pause it and we will come back when the cookie are done. Bay what is that in your hand, put that down," Lee said and I laughed.

It came back on with Suri holding her cookie tray and plating up the cookies for me. "Make her a cup of tea and give her a cookie, she likes them with tea and a kiss," she instructed.

"Ok where is the kiss," Lee asked.

She pouted and I watched Lee's pouty lips get a 'Mwah' kiss for me.

"Say bye," he said and she waved as she put the cookies on the plate and screamed at Bay for pulling her leg because he wanted one. All hell broke loose as he scratched her and Lee turned the camera off with Suri threatening to spell Bay.

I sat there laughing to myself as I stared at the cookie and enjoyed my tea. I watched it one more time and paused it on the bits where I could see their faces. Beautiful!

"You owe me a kiss!" I said as I walked into the kitchen with the phone.

He was chopping herbs but leant over pouting. I took the kiss with a 'mwah' and rushed off to the bath.

I had two reasons to rush off. One I was a smelly, hairy tramp in all departments, and second watching him cook after that peck on the lips was making me weak at the knees. I was not only hungry for food but for what I remembered he was packing in those trousers that clung to his butt like I wanted to! There was no way he was seeing my hair bits, operation buzz saw was a go!