Chapter 69 - Mae Day

"Just be good and you will get your teeth back," Lee said as I cuddled up to him and cried.

I couldn't even talk as my tongue was all to aware of the huge holes left by my missing teeth.

"I've lost my teeth loads of times for being cheeky and I have them back, see," he said gnashing them at me.

He was right but it was still upsetting. Plus even thinking of sucking her eyes ball out had lost me another tooth.

I had a mouthful of tissue to bit down on to stop the bleeding and was in full on sulk mode. Lee had wrapped us up in his quilt as he cuddled me and pressed Beauty and the Beast to play on the TV.

Oh great I couldn't even sing along. I hate that woman! I am going to rip her heart out and... Ahhh another tooth fell out!

"Stop thinking bad things or you will loose your tongue when there are no teeth left. I've even lost my toes, fingers and boy bits. Yes I was also stubborn. So just relax with me and forget about it. As soon as you lose your anger they start coming back one at a time," Lee said picking up the tooth and placing it on the side with the others. It was then I realised how Suri felt all this time. It must be so harrowing for the child. It is very confusing and although I know I am being punished because I shouldn't want to eat people or bunny rabbits I still think they should let me bite Conrad!

No sooner had I though of him than he arrived and gave me a sorrowful look. I wanted to hate him, kick him in the head and call him all the names under the sun but I couldn't speak or get out of the bed as my legs wouldn't let me so instead I burst into tears again.

"I'm sorry you don't get to eat humans. It is not my choice. Lee won't allow it," he said sitting on the bed.

I glared at Lee. "One tiny human wouldn't do any harm! Even a dwarf, it not like I'm asking for a new born baby."

"No!" he said annoyed. "Conrad if all you have done is come here to wind her up about eating humans you can clear off again."

"Keep your wig on. I was just explaining that I can't help her before she asks," he said holding his hands up in protest. "You don't want to eat humans anyway. You have to change size to fit them in, then some of them get stuck in your throat and try to climb out," he said doing an impression of someone scaling a wall with their hands as claws and screaming. "It's like when you get a pube in your throat and no matter how much you 'gahhhh', try to claw it out or glug down more blood they just cling on!"

"You are not helping!" Lee snapped.

"Of course I am helping. Everyone is working on a potion so I need some of Mae's blood," he said reaching for my hand. I snatched it away.

A tooth fell out! I picked it up threw it at the door in anger as I pictured ripping my mother in law to pieces and screamed as all my other teeth followed.

"MUM!" Lee yelled. "Take it easy, she is human!"

Conrad picked up the blood soaked tissue from the bed and left as Lee tried to comfort me. Every nerve ending was on edge in my mouth, the blood was constantly filling it so I had to spit into a tissue or bowl as Lee passed me water to swill my mouth with.

"SURI!" we heard yelled. "Get back here."

Followed by feet thundering down the hall. Suri burst through the door, fear in her eyes as she dove on the bed and passed me a potion bottle.

"Smash it to break the spell!" she yelled as I heard her grandmother running after her.

"Suri," Lee said in disbelief.

"Hurry," she said as raced under the covers and hid. Her whole body oozing tension as she desperately urged me to smash it.

I threw it against the wall as his mother flew through the door in a rage.