Chapter 53 - MAE DAY

An hour later I was happily pushing the twins in the swings and pretending to catch their feet as Lee's mother finished breast feeding Lilly. They were loving it and giggling their heads off. Oh I had missed them so much.

Lee's mother called out and motioned with her hand for the phone. I reached out to take it.

"Hello," I said laughing at Willow squeal.

"Are you having fun?" Lee asked.

"Yeah they are loving it. Did you enjoy your nap?"

"Not really. When are you coming back?" he asked still in a mood.

"Well as you can hear they are on the swings so as soon as they are finished playing. About half hour or so. Why are you coming to join us?"

"No. Half hour or so, in that case Suri and I will go out to dinner," he hung up.

I was not having that. I pressed return call.

"Hello," he replied coldly.

"I would like to have dinner as a family tonight or come with you, so stay there please."

He hung up.

"What was that?" his mother asked.

"He asked how long we would be and I said they kids were having fun so as soon as they are finish say half hour or so."

She nodded in agreement.

"He said in that case he and Suri would go out for dinner. Then he hung up! So I rang back and said not to go anywhere as we are eating as a family tonight. He hung up again."

"I bet he isn't home when you get there," she said smirking.

"If he isn't I am going to be so pissed off. I'm not rushing the kids either. He can wait. Why should they miss out on fun because he is in a mood?"

She took the phone and pressed redial as the kids yelled for me to 'puuuussshhhh'.

"Don't you 'WHAT' me Lee Grayson," she said. "You're wife has just asked you to stay home and wait. If you go out without her and the twins I will tell your father."

I watched as she listened to the other side of the conversation.

"I get that she has annoyed you but you are a grown man, a father and a husband. You will not use Suri as a battering ram against Mae and just so I know you will stay there, you're father and I will be staying for dinner."

She listened again.

"You dare leave the house Lee! I will spell your ass to the chair and bring you your dinner like I did when you were a teenager and snuck off with that Lucy what her face!... Lisa then, the name is irrelevant you are staying in for a family meal or we can all go out. Choice is yours."

She smiled at me smugly as I pushed the twins and listened in.

"Don't you use language like that with me Lee Grayson!"

I looked at her and wished I could hear what he was saying.

She hung up in temper and dialled another number. I bet it was his father.

"Our son has just used bad language on the phone with me. He is in a temper after a row with Mae. No... she hasn't done anything. She has asked him to stay home for a family dinner and he insists on taking himself and Suri out for the evening, alone."

She listened.

"All I asked him to do was stay home as his wife requested. We came to the park with the Lilly and the Twins so he could get some sleep as he conked out on the sofa with Suri. It is hardly worth his having a tantrum over."