Chapter 63 - MAE DAY

Uncle took me on walk outside of the mansion. It was quite chilly but nice and fresh which made the walk more enjoyable.

"I know you and Lee have been through some awful experiences since you met but I think once you both actually accept that you are married and get the opportunity to live as a married couple things will improve between you," Uncle said as we walked on. "I use the word 'opportunity' for a reason," he said as we rounded a corner and came upon a cottage.

I stared at the old building, full of history and though tended with love it was battle weary. I felt sorry for it left out here. It needed the love a family to fill it with laughter and cook in its kitchen.

I reached out to touch the weatherworn stones. "Oh you poor house," I said leaning forward to kiss the stone like a mother kissing a child who is feeling sad. "This house is so lonely, why doesn't anyone live in it?" I asked.

"Everyone likes to be together up the main house. Sometimes I escape down here," he said with a grin. "I was thinking maybe you would like to stay here with Lee and the children whilst you are in transition."

I looked at him in shock.

"You are more than welcome at the main house but I thought it would give you some privacy and allow you to become more comfortable with each other," he said opening the door.

I realised the outside was quite deceiving as we entered a spacious living room with open fireplace, two sofas, an arm chair either side of the fire, bookshelf, TV and coffee table.

"I thought maybe you would like to stay here where you can get away from it all but are near enough for a cup of tea and a natter," he said leading us though to a kitchen I instantly fell in love with. Old fashioned and I could make the best pies and cakes on that stove.

I walked around touching everything, opening cupboards to look at the plates and bowls. Touching the teapot and its adorable hand knitted tea cosy with bobble.

"The kitchen has sold it, hasn't it," Uncle said amused at my tactile approached to the whole room. "Would you like a cup of tea?"

I nodded enthusiastically. I loved this place.

"The larder is full and there is another pantry out there so you should find something for dinner should you wish to stay here and cook for Lee."

My heart jumped for joy as my mind whirled through all my old recipes and planned the meal.

"Come see the rest of the house whilst the kettle boils," he said sitting it on the stove. I loved that the kettle boiled on the stove!

He led us up a small staircase to a hallway.

"This is the main room where you and Lee would sleep," he said nodding to a room with a kingsize bed. "There are two other rooms, a bathroom and toilet."

I walked around looking at everything.

"The children are still at their grandparents but should you choose to stay here a while we can make it child friendly and get their rooms set up," he suggested.

I nodded as I stared out of a bedroom window at the amazing view before I continued to walk around touching things to get a sense of the place. I loved the roll top bath and couldn't wait to get in it. The main bedroom had a fireplace and enough wardrobe space to put our things. I trailed my hand along everything and stopped at the bed raising my eyebrow at Uncle. He blushed and looked away.

"If I have as much luck with this bed as you do I will be pregnant in no time," I teased. The bed was emanating sexy, lusty, passionate vibes but sadly lacking love. Much like the rest of the house it was lonely. "Are you sure you don't mind us taking over your shag pad for a while?" I teased again.