Chapter 21 MAE DAY

I turned to face him in the bed. He kept twitching in agony as the pain caused him to spasm.

"It's ok," I said reaching my hand out and got an electric shock from him. "Owww," I screeched as I snatched it away and noticed the smell of static in the air.

"Get up on the bed," Rema said appearing.

"What... no he is hurt," I replied. "He hurt me with an electric shock like one of those zapper pens."

"He has been healed. You can be his grounder the others have tried and it isn't working. He needs somebody as a buffer. You are here to claim him and what better way than to get on the bed with him," she said pulling my top off leaving me in my string vest top and I regretted not wearing a bra under it.

"This is going to hurt," I grumbled as I climbed up on the bed.

"Everything is hurting, his teeth are having toothache all at once, his eyes are burning. The current is running around his body from his brain to the tips of his toe and even his genitals..."

"Ok I get it, he is fried," I said lying down.

"You have injuries too so it may sting whilst it is repairing you. That is if the current is attracted to you, a bit like an electric eel, which is good as Suri won't like you going home in this state. So calm him down and remember what you feel is nothing compared to what he is going through and it has to be skin to skin," she said as she pulled the top sheet off the bed and yanking my jeans. Great I was in my underwear and about to become toast!

I took a deep breath and reached over to him. It was my turn to scream. Thousands of tiny electric shocks hit me at once. I felt my hair stand on end. Pains shot through my body shooting up and down my spine and around my ribs. I felt like I could have shot lightening bolts out my backside. I never knew a bum hole had so many nerve endings! Oh my god my nipples.... owwww. My insides felt like a pinball machine and when I got to the stage I was desperate to push him away I fought the urge and hugged him tighter as Rema called out 'stay there Mae your healing'. One minute there was a pain in my arm, then my lip or ankle. Pains shooting across my cheek bones making me whimper and screw my face up. Banging your funny bone was a gentle kiss compared to this.

A few minutes as it subsided.

"There we go, much better," Rema said.

"That was awful," I mumbled. "Lee you owe me a McDonalds... wait no a steak with wine and posh potatoes."

"He probably can't see or hear you yet as his eyes are burning and his ears will be whistling so let him just feel you there. Give him comfort as he will recognise who you are as you have laid together before."

"When the twins were in hospital," I said almost to myself.

"Well that is not what I was referring to but if you can mimick that relaxed feeling he will benefit from it," she replied.

I remembered how he had a headache one particularly stressful day and I had held his hand on my knee to comfort him whilst we listened to the doctors talking about the babies. I started to do this weird sort of stroking thing on the back of his hand a bit like when you fuss a cat. I had never done it to anyone before and he took the piss out of me asking if he should purr. I loved the way we could joke so easily and it helped him relax from then on when he was tired he would put his hand on my lap for me to do it again. It was a private joke but I found myself doing it again now and he calmed down to the point where I felt his body relaxing.

I felt terrible for asking Uncle to heal him if this was what he got for it. I would make amends and cuddle him for as long as I could. I wriggled into a comfortable position so his head was on my chest. I could feel his heart racing against my stomach. My no sleep, stress, fighting and this last bout of shock treatment meant I was ready to crash out here with him. I closed my eyes and tried to ignore the occasional aftershocks that flowed through my body. Just pretending we were back in that hospital bed in the twins room and catching a few hours of sleep before the next feed.