Chapter 51 MAE DAY

"Mae, it's lovely to see you again," Lee's mother said a short while later holding the twins hands. "Here are your little ones. They had a lovely morning at cubs."

"It's lovely to see you too," I replied as it really was. "What is cubs?"

"Well it is not the younger version of scouts if that is what you thought. It is a class for cubs where they can be free to do the things and not be hemmed in by modern trappings. Lee used to love it when he was a baby."

"It's weird to think of him as a baby," I said trying to picture it as the twins had ran off to watch the TV. Willow was clapping to a song and Bay was staring half asleep.

"They will are ready for a nap," I noted.

"Yes and I can see that daddy and Suri are already out for the count," she replied noting them asleep on the sofa. "Lee had a terrible night with Willow so I offered to take them to cubs for him. Is Suri ok?"

"Yes I was little worried as she had fell and hurt her head but her grandfather fixed it..."

"Yes he told me. That blasted stool," she said walking with me to the kitchen.

I heard a little cry and looked back at her. I hadn't even noticed she had a baby strapped to her under her coat.

"Oh my god, the baby!" I squealed super excited and desperate to see her. She beamed with pride at my girlie excitement to see her new baby.

"She is hungry and needs a change," she said undoing her coat.

She was wearing a fabric baby sling, very fashionable and I had used one with the twins. It was a godsend!

"Hi mum," Lee said appearing and rubbing his hands through his hair half asleep.

"I thought you were catching up on sleep," she replied.

"I was until Willow poked me in the head. Where is everyone?"

"They left and Conrad is out to lunch," I said rolling my eyes.

"Meeee!" Willow said appearing beside Lee and shaking her empty sippy cup.

He filled it with juice from the fridge, yawning again as he did it.

"Is Suri still asleep?" his mother asked.

"Yeah," Lee replied as Bay appeared with his cup and said 'and me!' whilst bobbing up and down until he got it.

"Here, you can take your sister. I need to sort your little spell mistress out before she wakes up and gets all tricky again. A bump to the head is not going to stop me," she said lifting the baby out and removing the sling as I put the kettle on.

I watched Lee rummage in his mothers baby bag for a bottle and bib. He put the changing mat on radiator for a second and pulled out a nappy and wipes. All whilst holding the tiny dark haired baby whose dark blue eyes stared around the room. She was gorgeous!

"Here we go Lilly," he said putting the now warmed mat on the table and placed her on it. She stared at him as he undid the poppers on her babygrow and vest. "Look at them legs," he said smiling at her. She 'ooo'd at him, making him laugh was he changed her nappy like a pro and I made the drinks. "All done and not one cry," he said lifting her up and giving her kiss on the lips. "Come and meet your sister in law, Mae."

Wow I suppose I was but I hadn't thought of it that way.

"Can you give her a cuddle whilst I warm this breast milk?" he asked.

Too right I could. He handed her over and the minute I snuggled her against my chest I pressed my lips to her head and had a good sniff of that beautiful baby smell. Follow by getting teary eyed.