Chapter 59 - MAE DAY

"Mae," Uncle whispered. "We are going to move you somewhere safer."

I couldn't focus to answer or really fathom what was being said. I went back to the safety and ignorance of sleep.

The next time I opened my eyes I was in a dark room but new it was different to the ones I was familiar with. I could hear children playing and tell it was light outside despite the dark curtains. I stood and walked to the window, pulling back the curtains. I was on the opposite side of Uncles facing the woods. I opened the patio doors and stepped out onto the balcony. There were children running everywhere, babies on blankets or crawling around. I still spotted Willow and Bay a mile off. Willow was attempting to pick flowers but was pulled back and told no. Bay was lying on a blanket drinking a bottle ready for a nap.

"Mummy!" Suri yelled and waved up.

I waved back as she ran towards the house shouting that I was awake.

I watched as a little boy rang towards the wood but put his hands up as though he was stuck behind glass. Someone had put a force field or something up. Clever!

"Mummy you are awake and out of bed!" Suri yelled running towards me and flinging herself in my arms. "You've been asleep for days!"

My arms felt weak as I set her down and look up towards the door to see Uncle. I smiled at his handsome face as he put his arms out and walked towards me. No sooner had his arms wrapped out me than my tummy gave a rumble.

"It is wonderful to see you awake. We are about to eat. Do you want to get dressed and join us?" he asked. I nodded. I was so hungry the thought of food made me feel faint.

"I'll get you some clothes," Suri said rushing to a wardrobe and pulling things out.

"I'll see you down stairs," he said with a reassuring wink as he left me to change.

"Put this and this one," Suri said passing me a mismatch of clothes.

"Really?" I asked giving her a quizzical look.

"Ooops, wrong one," she said laughing and rushing back to get me a different colour cardigan. "I'll get you some sandals."

She ran around whilst I freshened up and used the loo. Bristly armpits... urgh! I stepped in the shower and couldn't find a razor.

"Suri can you see if there is a razor as I need to... Ohhh," I said as she passed me one and giggled. "What are you laughing at?" I asked peeking behind the shower curtain.

Lee was washing is face in the sink and Suri was having a wee. So much for privacy... it made me smile though.

I rushed in the shower as I was too keen to get out and have something to eat, plus I wanted to see them all.

"Where is daddy?" I asked Suri when I came out to find him gone.

"Hurry up I'm hungry," she said applying some lip gloss to her pouting lips and ignoring my question.

I did as requested and blasted my hair with the dryer enough to stop it wetting my clothes. Summer dress and a cardigan were dragged on along with a pair of my favourite sandals. Someone must have brought some of my stuff here.

We ventured downstairs and I revelled in the beauty of the place again. The smell of food filled the air... a BBQ!!!! My tummy went into overdrive and screamed to race ahead of me. Everyone cheered when I walked out and Bowdie rushed to give me a hug with his wife Carla and Rema.

"It's great to have you home, and alive," Bowdie said bear hugging me. I laughed to myself knowing what he turned into.

"Lee is getting you some food, sit down," Carla said pulling out a chair for me.