Canon Oneshot: Izuku Midoriya and Elizabeth the Third

3rd Person POV:
"(N/N)?" Izuku called out, tilting his head. He waved his hand in front of her face.

She was helping him practice for the culture festival since his dance skills weren't up to par. He already knew she had taken dance lessons before her time at Yuuei so he figured it'd be the perfect excuse to spend some time together and do something that isn't training. Except...she fell asleep while teaching him.

He lightly poked her cheek. No response.

"(Y/N)," he said again.

Still asleep.

He sighed. How could he wake her up without startling her? He could shout or yell, but then she might use her quirk on him out of surprise.

Wait a minute...why was she asleep anyway?

Inspecting her thoroughly, he sat down beside her under the tree. He could see her left eye twitch in her sleep, the bags beneath her eyes the darkest he'd ever seen them.

Crossed arms. Twitching fingers. Shaky hands. Sat cross legged. Her overall posture suggested that she was closing herself off.

But what Izuku really didn't like was the frown on her lips. She looked stressed, even in her sleep.

Did she lie to him?

She told him that she'd been getting enough sleep even with all the extra things she had to do. She told him she was taking care of herself and that he didn't need to worry. She told him she was fine.

Izuku knitted his eyebrows together, deep in thought. What should he do?

From what he could see, she needed to rest. But he also wanted to spend some one on one time together.

They've both been so busy lately that neither could make enough time to spend with each other outside of their friendship group. Sure, they managed to make time for friends, but they both agreed they wouldn't let anything change with them.

Right now, being together alone without their class, their friends, was a rare blessing.

I could always sleep next to her, he thought to himself, wiping the drool coming from her now open mouth.

Her face scrunched up at the action. Izuku pulled his hand back right away whilst (Y/N) rested her head on his shoulder muttering, "Five more minutes Izu," under her breath.

Oh no! Now I can't move!

"Meow."

"Elizabeth?" Izuku questioned, noticing the white haired feline.

The cat purred in response. She strutted over to him like the queen she was and curled up on his lap, soft meows escaping her lips.

"Does Todoroki know you're out here?"

"Meow. Meow meow. Meeeeeeoooooooow."

"Shhhhhhhhh! She's asleep!" Izuku hushed, trying to keep the kitty quiet. He placed a finger on his lips and pointed to his girlfriend. The kitten looked to her then back at Izuku. She meowed at him again.

Izuku pulled a face at Elly.

The cat suddenly hissed at him, scratching at him from a distance. She jumped over onto (Y/N)'s lap, still hissing and scratching at him. She clambered onto her owner's head, scratching at Izuku's face.

Izuku jumped back, forgetting that (Y/N) was resting her head on his shoulder. He sighed in relief when she didn't wake up.

Elizabeth however, continued to hiss at him.

Wait-Wait a minute! She's jealous of me! he realised, the kitten's peculiar behaviour adding up.

The cat continued to hiss, jumping off her human perch as she stalked towards Midoriya. Izuku held his hands out in front of him, taking a step back for every step she took forwards.

The cat then lept at him, ready to bite to which Izuku responded with by climbing up a tree, screaming in terror. The cat followed thus prompting Izuku to jump down. He ran back to (Y/N) who was shockingly still asleep.

He sweatdropped, realising she was most likely a heavy sleeper.

He then heard meowing from the tree he was in. He walked over to it to find that Elizabeth had gotten herself stuck.

"And now I have to save the cat that wants to kill me," he mumbled with an uneasy smile.

He climbed the tree, reaching his hand out to Elizabeth, hoping she’d hop on without a fuss. Instead Elly attempted to bite his hand, continuing to hiss at him like he wasn’t trying to help. She stuck her nose up into the air and pounced from branch to branch until her paws met the grassy lands beneath.

Elizabeth glared up at Izuku who stared at her in shock. Did...Did this cat really hate him that much?

Was she even stuck to begin with?

No. She wasn’t.

He got his answer when Elly stuck her tongue out at him. Izuku pouted at Elizabeth who ignored him, strutting back to her owner with great pride.

“I finally get some time alone with (N/N) and now her cat has hijacked my plans,” he complained in a quiet voice as he climbed down the tree.

Izuku walked back to his girlfriend to find Elizabeth snuggled next to her. When he drew near, Elly hissed at him out of nowhere forcing him to retreat.

It was certain. Elizabeth hates Midoriya.