Chapter 26: If Only

2nd Person POV:
"I see your awake," a voice said.

"No shit Sherlock," you replied groggily.

"No, no. You should sit down a little longer."

"And why is that unknown voice?" you mused as you waited for your vision to clear.

You attempted to move your hand so you could use it to help you stand, only to find that it wouldn't budge.

"Because I'm about to shatter your hopeless dream," All For One said as he brought up his hand.

Your eye widened.

Your vision was still blurred but you could make out a seemingly faceless man. His very presence sent fear tingling through your body as you stared at him with your mouth slightly agape.

"Y-You're...the one who l-l-left that n-note... You're the killer..." you gasped, tears forming in your eyes, well eye.

The man didn't reply but instead placed his hand on top of your head.

'Soon enough, I'll take away that dream you cherish so much quirkless hero.'

How did he find out about my dream?

How did he take my quirk all those years ago?

Why me?

Questions raced through your head.

You squeezed your eyes shut as All For One shattered your dreams into tiny fragments.

Once he was done, he removed his hand from your head and withdrew it back to his side.

"Tell me quirkless hero, did you miss your quirk?"

You let out a scream and fire came from your being as the shadows around you spiralled out of control. Light radiated from your body as the once still air whipped into a frenzy, the scars in your hand fading away as if nothing had ever happened along with the burn mark.

"I hope you like your new and improved quirk," All For One said, unfazed by your sudden burst of power. "I modified it just for you. I pray that you will enjoy my belated birthday present."

You sobbed and screamed unable to process what had happened. Your childhood dream had been turned to dust in that one instance.

So many emotions ran through you in those moments that it made it extremely difficult for you to control your new found quirk.

You eventually calmed down after successfully convincing yourself that you were just dreaming.

The faceless man smirked in amusement at your desperate state.

A man wearing green goggles untied you and placed a new restraint around your wrists so that you couldn't use your quirk again even if you wanted to.

Kurogiri's portal opened below your feet and you fell through it into the bar, landing on your back.

You let out a small groan and saw Katsuki tied to a chair.

"Hey Bakugō! Where are we?" you asked still hoping for all this to be a dream, maybe a nightmare.

"Are ya daft?! We're at the villains' hideout, where else would we be?!" Katsuki spat at you harshly.

"Please tell me you're joking and that this is some sick prank," you requested, your voice cracking part way through.

Bakugō didn't reply, shocked by how shaky your voice sounded.

"Please... I can't... I can't...have a quirk...I...I can't..."