Chapter 39: The Love That Feels Right

3rd Person POV:
There are three important loves in your life...

The first one you typically have at a young age. Your childhood crush or your high school one.

It's idealistic. You go into it thinking it'll be like those fairytales you read when it isn't.

Even if it doesn't seem or feel right, you still along with it because you told yourself, "This is the one."

Somewhere inside of you think this is what love is supposed to be.

In this type of love, it's more important how you're viewed by society, how you're viewed by others is more important than how you feel.

This love looks right.

Most people wave it off, telling themselves it isn't real love but it is.

The second one is your hard love.

You get hurt in this one.

You learn about who you are and how often you want to be loved or need to be loved.

And this love hurts because of lies, manipulation and perhaps even physical, emotional and/or mental pain.

You believe you're making different choices from your first love but you are not. In reality, you're still making choices because you have lessons you still need to learn.

But we hang on.

We hang in there.

Sometimes, this love can be unhealthy, unbalanced and maybe even narcissistic. There may also be high levels of drama as well as abuse and manipulation of many kinds.

It's an emotional rollercoaster ride.

You go through the lows with the expectation of the highs.

This is the love you wished was right and at first it hurts when it doesn't go right.

And that pain cuts so very very deep.

You build up your walls.

You defend yourself.

You try not to fall in love and that leads you into the third most important relationship in your life.

And you never see this one coming.

Why?

Because it goes against your expectations; it looks all wrong and it destroys whatever lingering ideals you were holding onto.

This loves come so easily that it seems impossible.

Because this love has a connection that cannot be explained.

It throws you off balance because you never expected it...never saw it coming...

But the thing is... This love just fits.

There are no expectations between the two on how the other should act, nor is there any pressure to be someone you're not.

And it's because of this, that the third important love in your life, shakes you to the core.

It isn't what you envisioned love to be. It doesn't abide by the rules you hoped it would go by. And despite this, it still shatters those preconceived notions you had about love and it shows you-

It shows you that love doesn't have to be what you thought it was, what you wanted it to be, what you were expecting, in order to be true.

And it doesn't matter how long you wait to answer this love because it will keep on knocking until you answer the door.

Because it's the love that feels right.