Chapter 35: Someone Else

(Y/N)'s POV:
"You're looking down on me, ain't ya?!" Katsuki yelled to Izuku.

He thinks... Izuku looks down on him...?

"Izuku admires you Katsuki..." I whispered to myself quietly. "Did you really become that blind? Just from praise and attention...?"

Yeah, Bakugō is a hot head and pretty violent for someone aspiring to be a hero. But his emotions right now... They're a wreck. And Izuku is the only one who can help him.

But surely... Surely he wasn't carrying All Might's retirement on his shoulders.

It wasn't his fault...

I felt guilty too for being so wrapped up in why Midoriya had left my side that I forgot to be aware of my surroundings and let myself get captured.

The difference is that I expressed those feelings to Yagi a few days after the incident.

Katsuki...

Katsuki felt like he had no one to turn to...

I should have noticed, then they wouldn't be fighting right now. And they won't get in trouble either...

But then again... Maybe it's for the better...

The following morning
3rd Person POV:
"Alright everyone! Let's go to class!" Iida ordered his peers who were huddling around a certain pair who decided to have a fight on school grounds after curfew.

As everyone filed out, a (h/c) girl stopped and looked back at her two friends whilst biting her bottom lip. Unlike Izuku Midoriya and Katsuki Bakugō, (Y/N) (L/N) hadn't been caught watching their fight and eavesdropping on their conversation with All Might.

"(L/N)! You have training after school! You don't want to have detention for being late!" Iida called out to her.

"R-Right!" the young teen stuttered, scurrying out the door to hurry to the high school building.

Should I come clean? It isn't fair that they're being punished and I'm not. But I can't afford to miss any lessons either. I need to get better control over my quirk so I can use it when I need it.

During her short jog to catch up with the rest of her class, she had caught up to the front of group and ran into half and half's back.

Todoroki quickly caught himself and regained his balance whilst (L/N) stumbled backwards and lost her footing.

"Relax (L/N)! There's no rush. You're on time," Kirishma said as he caught the girl.

"O-Oh yeah. S-Sorry Shōto."

Her childhood friend and rival turned to her. "It's perfectly fine (Y/N). Whatever it was you were thinking about, let's talk about it at lunch. And if you're concerned for Bakugō and Midoriya, I'm sure they're getting along fine now since they made up during their fight last night."

(Y/N) nodded in response.

"Hey (L/N)," Kirishma said, regaining her attention.

She looked up at him. "Hmm?"

"I know you're training with one of the teachers today, how about I join you so you don't feel lonely?"

"Uh, sure. If you want to tag along, I'm sure you can."

"Awesome!"

He helped her back up and walked away.

2nd Person POV:
You watched Kirishma walk away, failing to notice Ashido's presence behind you.

"I betcha red head over there has the hots for you~" Mina whispered into your ear in a teasing tone making you jump.

"WHAT THE HELL MINA?! DON'T SNEAK UP ON ME LIKE THAT! YOU KNOW I CAN'T CONTROL MY QUIRK YET! WHAT IF I HURT YOU ACCIDENTALLY?!?!?!?!"

"Well do you like him?"

"No! I thought we already covered this," you complained as the two of you began walking once more.

"We covered this with you and Midoriya as well as you and Todoroki, but we have yet to know if you like any of the other boys in our class."

"Tch! So what?!" you demanded as you looked to the side.

"Oh! I know! What about Bakugō?! He gets along better with you than anyone else," Mina stated, ignoring your question completely.

An irk mark appeared on your forehead.

"THIS CONVERSATION IS OVER!"

I do like someone...but...he probably likes someone else anyway...