Chapter 10: Face First

After school the next day
(Y/N)'s POV:
I ran to the school gates with Midoriya trailing behind me. To say that I was excited to see an another person's home would be an understatement. I was pumped with adrenaline and very hyper.

"Hurry up Midoriya! We're gonna be late!"

Panting as he picked up his pace, Midoriya yelled, "B-But (L/N)! You're going the wrong way! Pl-Plus there's no time limit to get to my place!" I skidded to a halt as Midoriya slowed to a stop. He grabbed my hand, his face turning red at the contact as my own cheeks turned a light pink. "But we will be late for the train if we don't hurry!"

"R-Right! Sorry!"

Midoriya didn't reply as he held my hand and guided us to the station, all while running at an incredible speed. His green locks bounced and swayed with every twist and turn we took through the crowd at the station. Luckily, we made it to the train Midoriya needed to get home within the nick of time.

The two of us slumped onto the seat, letting our bags out of our hands due to my foolishness. "So Midoriya, do you usually catch the train?" I asked sitting up.

He sat up as well, still trying to steady his breathing like me. "Sometimes. I only took it today because I thought it would be quicker so we could spend more time together."

I felt my face heat up at his choice of words.

He noticed and let out a small squeak as he began to ramble about how it was okay if I didn't want to spend a lot of time with him and how I'd probably want to spend time with Bakugō or Todoroki.

I placed a hand on top of his making him stop and look at me, the blush in his face unmissable. I returned it by looking him in the eye.

"Midoriya, there's no one else I would rather spend my time with. You're a lot of fun plus you don't make fun of me so let's just enjoy today."

The blush turned full red as he muttered something incoherent to me.

I smiled and pulled the adorable broccoli head into a hug. I felt him wrap his arms around my figure, returning the hug.

We pulled away after a minute or so, both of us somewhat flustered by the sudden contact. The rest of the train ride was silent, as was the walk to his house.

Izuku's POV:
I unlocked the door and announced my presence so my mother would know that I and our guest had arrived, "Mum I'm home! (L/N)'s here too!"

In came my mother with all her glory.

"Izuku sweetie! Welcome home! I'll be making dinner soon!" She pulled me into a hug which I returned with ease. She then released me to greet my friend. "And (L/N)! It's so good to meet you! I hope Izuku isn't causing you any trouble! Do you two get on well? I've heard so much about you from my son. Thank you for being such a good friend to him."

"You're welcome Missus Midoriya. Midoriya's a great friend," the (h/c) girl replied.

"Mum, (L/N) and I will be in my room for a bit. We'll be down for dinner."

"Um... Midoriya, I need to leave at five so I can't really stay long. Sorry, Mister Yagi's rule."

"Oh, okay. No problem."

I showed (L/N) to my room and opened the door revealing my All Might themed bedroom. She chuckled softly upon seeing it. Me being me was startled and thought something was wrong.

"Nothing's wrong Midoriya. It's just cute how it's all based around the hero who inspires you."

I blushed at her statement.

Me cute? Surely I heard that wrong, right? There's no way...

"Uh... Thank you."

I shuffled my feet awkwardly, unsure of what to do next.

I mean I have a girl in my room, who's my friend and is the soon to be adopted daughter of my mentor. What am I supposed to do? What do I say?

Then I thought of something.

I cleared my throat and asked, "Would you like to train?"

Her eyes lit up at the idea. "Yes! All Might said we should train together! Let's go!"

She grabbed my hand and we dashed out of the room. Within mere moments, we were in my garden, our hands still intertwined.

"Wow... You really are fast."

She giggled and blushed a little

(L/N) made her way to the other end of the garden and proceeded to call out, "Okay! Let's spar! No quirks, since you can't really control yours!"

I nodded in agreement.

"Whoever hits the floor first, loses! Do you agree to these terms?"

She's taking this pretty seriously, I thought as I sweatdropped.

"I agree."

"Then let's begin on three... THREE!"

I don't know how, but the second she set off, I couldn't keep track of her. She was in front of me one minute, then gone the next.

"Behind you~" a voice cooed.

Sweat dripped from my face as I turned around, my hand ready with a punch, only to be met with a kick to the shin. I stumbled backwards, regaining my balance soon after.

3rd Person POV:
The (h/c) girl went in for another attack against the green orbed boy. This time she attempted to punch him, only to have it blocked.

Izuku kicked her in the stomach, pushing her away from him. Unfortunately for him, she wasn't winded as she had learnt how to avoid becoming so.

Izuku ran towards her and roundhouse kicked.

The girl brought her hands up just in time to stop it from coming in contact with her face.

She grabbed his ankle and flung him across the yard.

The teenaged boy found himself heading face first into the dirt.