Chapter 7: Conversation

(Y/N)'s POV:
I ran into the high school building muttering "1A" over and over.

It took a little while to find it but when I did I couldn't help but remark at the size of the door.

A giant could get in here!

I sighed hoping no one would ask me if I had a quirk. Luckily when I entered, everyone's attention was on a blonde hedgehog and a stuck up grandpa. I let out a quiet sigh and made my way over to the far back, next to the window.

"(L/N)?"

I turned my head to see none other than the son of the current number two hero, Shōto Todoroki.

"Todoroki."

I'd be lying if I didn't say that I had a tiny harmless crush on him back when we were kids, but we haven't seen each other since the passing of my parents.

Everything about this boy was amazing. Those mismatched eyes, the half and half hair, that scar on his fire side-wait wait wait! What?! When the fuck did he get a scar around his turquoise eye?!

"It's been a while."

"Yes it has."

"And from the looks of it, a lot has happened."

Todoroki seemed to have caught on my rather vague yet blunt statement.

"A story for another time."

"Indeed."

It was weird. We used to be so close. We were best friends, but now, we seemed so distant.

Of course, I didn't know how to contact him as I was only five when my parents passed away and he couldn't contact me either as his father had forbidden our interactions when he found out I was quirkless.

I was and still am aware of the type of man he was and most likely still is. As my five year old self would put it, he was a very bad man.

He abused his children and his wife.

If I recall correctly, the eldest son had ran away. Either that or he was deceased.

Regardless, Todoroki here was controlled by his father's obsession to surpass All Might and was therefore unable to do things a child should.

I can still remember Todoroki's cute innocent face back then. He loved to watch All Might as a kid during the time I knew him and from what I heard from Midoriya, he did as well.

They both were similar to some extent, but they do have their differences including their personalities.

"(L/N)."

"Hm?"

"Are you still quirkless?"

I nodded.

"Congratulations on making it into Yuuei then; however you won't last long at a school like this, especially in heroics."

What the heck boy?!

"Yeah, well I passed the entrance exam and knowing your position in society, you were most likely recommended - probably by your father no less," I replied, an irk mark on my forehead. "So please excuse my rudeness, but I think it's you who don't belong here. Recommendations mean nothing to me and you know it. I will become a hero and nothing can stop me. And for the record, you just acted like your father."

Todoroki's expression hadn't changed to neither a smile nor a frown, but I could tell he was fuming. One mention of his father is enough to send him over the edge not to mention the fact that he hates it when he acts like Endeavor.

I smirked in amusement knowing the conversation was over.