Chapter 17: Midoriya's Success

(Y/N)'s POV:
As President Mic announced the teams that were moving onto the one on one battles, I found myself to be in a daze.

"Shōto...used his fire side," I whispered in disbelief.

Endeavor looked at me rather coldly and asked, "Has he used it since he started here?"

I shook my head. "Today's the first time he's used it, however I believe he activated it in the heat of the moment during that battle between him and Midoriya just now. I'm sure he isn't very happy about it."

Endeavor nodded, seemingly satisfied with my answer.

I looked at the screen to see who was up against who and saw that the first round was between Midoriya and Shinsō.

I abruptly stood up and ran to the exit, leaving the shrine on my seat.

I knew full well that if I didn't meet up with my green haired friend during this break, I wouldn't be able to see him until after the battle.

Endeavor didn't bother tailing me and I was glad that he didn't.

I wandered to where everyone was getting lunch and grabbed a juice carton before leaving as I was unable to find Midoriya.

I wandered around the stadium, not once bumping into a single classmate until I saw Bakugō leaning against the wall. I ran to him and opened my mouth to speak but he clamped a hand on top of my mouth and held me against his chest with one arm around my waist.

I sent him an odd look and in that second, I heard Todoroki speak.

I realised that Bakugō was eavesdropping on his conversation with someone else.

I raised a brow at the blonde before listening to Todoroki explain how he received his scar.

I looked up at Bakugō wondering how long he had been here and how much he had heard already.

When Shōto said it was his mother that had poured boiling water over his eye and called his fire side unsightly, my lips parted ever so slightly as my eyes widened. Todoroki continued to talk about how he would defy his father's wishes and surpass All Might by using only his ice side.

Then I heard Midoriya's voice.

The logical boy told Shōto that his quirk was his own and told him how he himself felt.

I could hear it in Midoriya's voice: he wanted Shōto to overcome this hurdle so that he could surpass his own limits and for him to stop doing everything alone as he had people who wanted to be his friend, mainly Midoriya and I as well as Momo too.

The boy's analysis definitely came in handy. He and I both knew that Todoroki could only go so far with using only his ice side.

Their conversation eventually came to an end and they both left, neither of them suspecting our presence.

Bakugō let go of me and grabbed my hand, dragging me along with him to the stands.

He let out a thoughtful sigh before saying, "What are you doing by yourself?"

"I planned on talking to Midoriya before his fight and I wanted to find our class so I could thank everyone for their gifts."

Bakugō raised a brow. "One classmate is right here you know?"

I smirked. "I'm well aware, but I wouldn't imagine that of you all people got me a present."

An irk mark appeared on his forehead.

"What?! Of course I did! We're frien-we're in the same fucking class!"

"Oh? And here I thought we were friends," I replied, pretending to be hurt.

"Shut up accident prone!"

"I'm not an accident prone! I'm just a clutz!"

"You're an accident prone! You can't even save a kid right!"

I swallowed dryly as the atmosphere became thick.

My left hand twitched in Bakugō's hand.

"But..."

I looked up at him when he spoke.

"I guess you did good. Nice work," he said as he turned to look at me.

My hand stopped twitching and I beamed at him. "Thanks Katsuki."

Katsuki tsked and looked to the side, his cheeks dusted pink.

"Oh we're here," I announced as we could now hear the roaring of the crowd. I started to run, Katsuki trailing behind me, our hands still intertwined.

"(L/N)!" Ashido beamed as she prepared to tackle me in a hug. Just as she lept, I let go of Bakugō's hand and stepped to the side making her hit the floor. She stood up and asked, "What was that for?!"

I felt a vein pop as an irk mark appeared on my forehead as I yelled, "For making me wear this ridiculous outfit! Are you trying to torture me?! I can't believe that the principal even let me wear this stupid thing!"

Katsuki smirked.

"I thought you were going to thank everyone for their gifts."

"Oh right!"

I quickly bowed and said, "Thank you all for your gifts. You honestly didn't have to get anything."

"It's perfectly fine. We really wanted to," Uraraka replied.

Then another thought came to mind.

"Hey, that kid came and asked you guys for help with the shrine right?"

Everyone nodded.

Before they could ask why, President Mic introduced Midoriya and Shinsō.

I returned to my seat and placed the shrine on my lap, my hand turning into a fist as I found myself wishing for Midoriya's success.