Chapter 52: Aizawa

(Y/N)'s POV:
You wanna know the single most annoying thing about my quirk?

No, not the hunger. That just means I can eat a crap ton and nobody can say anything because I won't even gain weight thanks to how often I overwork myself.

It's the constant need to train.

Since I got the stupid thing, I've been losing sleep, time, energy trying to gain some sort of control over it. Apparently it would be too much for All For One to give me a handy dandy instruction manual so I wouldn't have to figure this thing out myself.

At this point, I'm shattered. I've been training so much sometimes that it hurts to move or just, you know, breathe. I end up staying up late to do homework and study. I don't have time for my friends.

At this point my entire life was a mess.

I've been sleeping in class too. Mainly for the extra bit of shut eye.

Plus today's match with Katsuki pushed me to my absolute limit. Even if he and Shōto don't have their licenses yet...I'm still so far behind everyone.

My quirk has a mind of its own too. Jeez. Can I catch a break?

I stared up at my dorm room ceiling. My desk light was still in, focused on the open page of one of my many textbooks.

I huffed. A few strands from my fringe blew up, the wisps gently falling back into place.

It was late. So late in fact, not even a single member of the Bakusquad would be awake right now. Yes. Even Denki would be asleep.

At least I think so.

I sighed to myself. Today had been a long one just like many of my days beforehand.

Maybe if I have hot chocolate or something...

I left my room, jumping from the balcony to freefall down to the ground floor. Before I could shatter my ankles, I propelled some air beneath me to make my landing somewhere near silent.

A tired yawn escaped my lips. Covering my mouth with one hand, I used the other to create a flame in its palm. The soft glow illuminated the area a little.

I used my makeshift torch to wander into the kitchen where I began my process to creating the perfect hot chocolate.

"What are you doing?"

I screamed, jumping around to see Aizawa of all people. Some of his hair was up in a bun. It reminded of Shimura, Yagi's mentor.

He was in a plain white shirt with dark blue pajama pants, grey slippers on his feet. In his hand was a mug. It read 'Cat Mum'.

He scratched the back of his head, taking a sip of what smelled like tea from his mug. He was awaiting my answer.

"Tell me the truth problem child," he ordered, cutting me off before I could even spin the lie I had thought of.

"I'm making hot chocolate," I explained with a flat voice.

My eye twitched slightly along with my hands.

Yep. I definitely need sleep.

Aizawa had noticed the twitching himself. His eyes scanned me, searching for something, anything. I didn't know what and to be honest, I didn't care. I just wanted to make my hot chocolate in peace.

"It's the culture festival, isn't it?" he asked, setting his mug on a nearby counter. "Or maybe your quirk. Although then again," he said, walking over to me, "knowing you, it's both."