Chapter 3: Thanks

10 Months Later
(Y/N)'s POV:
Today's the day. The day I pass the entrance exam! The day I take a step closer to following my dream! Nothing can stop me now!
.
.
.
Except a long, boring speech explaining what's on the practical exam...

So this is Zone B? I thought as I stared at the arena we were to take our exam.

"It's as big as a city..." I muttered to myself, sweatdropping. "Guess All Might wasn't kidding about the facilities UA has to offer... All the more reason to get in! Mum... Dad... I'll make you proud."

I began stretching to ensure that an injury would be less likely in case I did something reckless like run too quickly or something like that, maybe even worse though stretching would do little in that situation.

The exam should start any minute now.

As if on cue, the gates opened without warning.

Go!

I sprinted into the stadium leaving behind my fellow examines' who stood there dumbfounded.

"Well? What are you waiting for?! A real battle doesn't have a warning! Go! Go! Go!" President Mic bellowed at the other students.

Soon enough everyone was making their way through the gates, pushing and shoving to get in so they could rack up some points.

Luckily I had used my common sense unlike the idiots who entered late.

I had already rendered a few robots helpless. I simply tore out a few wires and boom, helpless! I chuckled to myself.

We were now a few minutes in and I had around twenty to thirty points, thirty five tops.

Not bad for a quirkless freak, I thought to myself.

"Perhaps I'll just rewire the next one to do what I want it to do..."

And that I did, earning myself a few more points hopefully.

I chuckled to myself.

Another few minutes passed and in came the zero pointer. Most turned to run but I remained where I was analysing the situation.

There must be more to this test...

"Help!" I snapped my gaze to where the cry came from.

There!

I ran straight for the robot.

"That girl's crazy!"

"It's not our problem! Just keep running!"

Cowards!

I started climbing up the robot.

"What the hell does she think she's doing?!"

"She'll die!"

I made it to where the wires were.

Now if only I can...Yes! No!

The robot swayed from side to side.

No no no no no!

I gritted my teeth.

I changed the wiring again. This time some missiles appeared from the robot arm.

"Nope! Maybe this with this?"

Again I changed the wires, hooking them to different places.

Finally, I broke two and connected them with the metal parts, the bit the plastic covering protects us from.

There was a small spark.

The robot stopped just in time before it crushed the injured person I had seen.

I sighed in relief as murmurs filled the crowd.

I parkoured my way down and fell on my butt from exhaustion.

Sure I have incredible stamina, but boy! That situation was stressful as heck!

"Is anyone else injured?"

3rd Person POV:
(Y/N) turned her head to the sound of the voice and raised her hand. "Over here Recovery Girl!" she called as she made her way to the boy who had caught his foot in something and fell.

Recovery Girl hurried over. "Ah. (Y/N), good to see you."

"Hello Recovery Girl. Can you heal this boy?"

"Of course." And with a simple kiss, the boy was all good.He stood up and turned to our feminine friend.

"Whoa! Dude! You were insane! I don't know what your quirk is, but thank you so much!"

The (h/c) blushed slightly at the statement.

He thinks I have a quirk...?

"I-uh... No problem. We are here to qualify for the hero course after all." The girl let out a nervous laugh unsure whether to tell the boy in front of her that she did not, in fact, have a quirk.

"Well good luck on getting in," he said as he walked away.

"R-Right! You too!" The (e/c) girl waved at his back, mentally facepalming at her child like state.

She snapped back into reality when she felt something fall into her palm.

"To get your energy back," Recovery Girl said before she hurried away to help other examines.

The girl glanced at what she was now holding.

Her favourite snack.

(Y/N) smiled.

"Thanks."