Chapter 4: Izuku Midoriya

2nd Person POV:
It had almost been a week...

You sighed.

"I have to get in... I have to..."

You had been in this depressed state since yesterday. You've desperately been waiting for your acceptance letter from Yuuei. You were so sure you had made it in. It shouldn't matter if you didn't have a quirk... They got rid of that rule, right? So...why? You did so well. You gave it your all.

I met with All Might... I took his advice on how to change up my training. I took up his schedule... So why? Was I not good enough?

You let out another hollow, lifeless sigh.

"Come on... Stupid letter. Get here! I'm dying!" you complained as you cried anime tears.

All Might's POV:
I stood outside the young girl's room listening to her desperate pleas. How I wished I could tell her the news she's dying to hear.

She's passed. I didn't believe when I saw her name, but she passed and in the top ten no less!

The shock I had felt was nothing compared to the pride. I had watched her exam as well as young Midoriya's.

Both of them performed excellently! Both of them passed. Both of them put in so much effort.

I smiled to myself.

Do not despair children... For you both have passed with flying colours. My only wish for you both now is that you become the heroes you envision for yourself.

The next day
It must have been around six in the evening when (Y/N) came crashing into the living room making a ruckus. Her Yuuei letter had arrived moments ago and she had forced me out of her room.

Now here she was, jumping with joy, amazed at her achievement. "I did it! I did it! I did it!"

I smiled at her antics. "Yes. Yes you did."

She stopped jumping around and asked me, "I need to meet All Might. I wanna thank him for supporting me for so long."

He's right here...

"I'll get in touch with him."

"I can't believe it..."

As she rambled on about the exam, sparing me no detail, I thought about how lucky I was to have her in my life. She certainly has changed it for the better. I hate keeping who I really am a secret from her, but... She's in enough danger as it is. Knowing my secret will only make things worse for everyone.

Regardless, she has a right to know.

I took a deep breath in.

(Y/N) stopped talking knowing that this was serious.

"Mister Yagi?"

"(Y/N), there's something I must tell you."

She remained silent.

"It's about All Might."

"Yeah, what about him?" She cocked her head to the side slightly, looking at me inquisitively.

I sweatdropped.

I can't do it...

"He says he's super proud of you and will meet you at the beach that's recently been cleaned up tomorrow morning at nine sharp!" I blurted out randomly.

(Y/N)'s eyes went starry. "I get to see him again," she whispered.

"(Y/N)...stop smiling like that..."

"Why?"

"It's creepy..."

"What?! It so is not!" The teenaged girl whacked me with a pillow playfully.

"Oh, so you wanna fight?" I smirked grabbing a pillow for myself.

"Hell yeah! Fight me old man!"

"Bring it young lady!"

(Y/N)'s POV:
Well it's almost nine o'clock and here I am, at the beach. All Might and I have met here a few times before, but back then, the beach was littered with garbage. Thankfully, today was a Saturday meaning I won't be missing school since there's a few days left before we graduate and go to the high school of our choice.

As I stared out at the ocean, I let out a long sigh. The sound of waves crashing and the relaxing scent that fills the air was enough to make me sleepy. It felt peaceful.

Suddenly, I felt a sudden gust of wind picking up the sand in its wake. I squeezed my eyes shut and drew my arms in an 'x' shape across my face to protect myself. When the wind died down and I was certain the sand has settled, I lowered my guard and opened my eyes slowly to see the no.1 hero himself there before my very eyes

I smiled at him slightly. "So... Why'd you call me out here?"

"To congratulate you on passing the exam. And also to let you know that you and I will be seeing more of each other soon enough."

"So the rumours of you being a teacher are true?"

"So diligent!" All Might said surprised. He then cleared his throat. "Yes, those rumours are in fact true. But there is one more reason why you are here."

Sensing someone's presence, I turned around to see a boy with curly green hair. It bounced as he ran and he looked rather plain.

"All Might! I'm here!" he called as he arrived, but soon blushed bright pink when he noticed me.

I looked at All Might cocked my head, signalling him to explain.

"(L/N), meet a boy I have been training and that your guardian knows of as well."

I turned to the boy and held out my hand. "Hi, I'm (L/N) (Y/N)."

The flustered boy was startled at first but then took my hand and shook it, his face going red.

"H-Hello (L/N), my n-n-name's Midoriya, Izuku Midoriya."