Chapter 5: Yourself

Izuku's POV:
After (L/N) introduced herself, the two of us turned to All Might who was in his hero form.

"So..." the (h/c) girl beside me started.

"You two are to get acquainted."

"Did you set us up on a date?!" the two of us exclaimed.

All Might sweatdropped, his hands waving around in denial like crazy. "No, no! Nothing like that! I just thought you two should get to know each other and perhaps train together!"

I risked a sideways glance at (L/N).

She looks 3,000% done!

"Anyway, the two of you should get acquainted since you'll be attending UA together. It'll make the first day less scary as well since you'll know someone who's attending already."

"Seems reasonable," (L/N) stated.

"Now then, (L/N). I need to have a word with young Midoriya here. Why don't you go wait for him somewhere?"

"Uh... Sure. I'll be over there Midoriya," she said pointing to the road side.

"R-Right! See you soon (L/N)."

We watched her walk away until her figure was where she said she would be waiting.

"Midoriya..."

"Yes?!"

"That girl...is the child I'm looking after," he said turning to me reverting into his sickly form.

My green orbs never left his face.

"You're...her guardian?"

"Yes, but she doesn't know about my quirk nor who I really am."

"But why? If you're taking care of her, why haven't you said anything?"

"Because she's in enough danger already."

That part intrigued me.

"What do you mean?"

He looked startled for a minute. "Nothing. Just make sure she's safe. She's quirkless."

"What?" I couldn't believe my ears. A quirkless girl made it into the prestigious school Yuuei High? "Then why didn't you give her your quirk?"

All Might remained silent. He was staring off into the distance looking at (L/N).

I should drop the subject.

"Well I should get going. She's waiting for me after all."

I turned and ran to where (L/N) was waiting for me.

(Y/N)'s POV:
"(L/N)!" I turned around to see Midoriya running towards me. "So where do you wanna go?" he asked as he came to a halt.

"How about we walk around and see if there's anything we both want to do?"

He looked flustered and started to speak rapidly.

"Ah! I'm so sorry! I should have thought of that and..."

I sweatdropped as he rambled on about all the possible things he could have asked me and where we could have gone, etc.

"No no no! It's alright Midoriya!" I said as I waved my hands about trying to get him to calm down. He stopped rambling and looked at me. "Let's just get to know each other. Like All Might said, the first day of school is more comforting when you already know someone there. What class did you get into?"

"Huh? Oh, uh, Class 1A."

I clapped my hands together startling the green bean slightly, "Really? Wow, me too! Looks like we'll be studying together."

"Y-Yeah! Shall we get going?"

"Sure."

At the mall
Midoriya and I decided to take a train to the mall considering there's plenty we can do there.

Upon arrival, the sweet cinnamon roll asked, "So (L/N) what would you like to do?"

So pure!

"Let's go get something to eat. I kinda skip breakfast since I woke up late," I chuckled nervously.

"Sure!" Midoriya beamed.

Too cute!

We walked to the nearest café.

"Oh wow - this stuff looks good!"

Midoriya nodded in agreement. "Yeah."

"This place is pretty cute," I said as I looked around.

The café was a little old fashion. It was small, only having a few tables, mostly for couples from the looks of it. There were a vase of flowers on each table top and dove shaped napkins. The scent of coffee and cakes filled the small store and the workers looked fairly young being in their late twenties tops, the manager an old lady.

Soon a waitress with short blue hair came over to our table.

"My, what a cute couple! May I take your orders?"

Midoriya's face bursted into fifty shades of red as my own checks flushed pink.

"I, uh. Thank you for the compliment, but we're not a couple. Um... I'll take (f/d) and a slice of (f/c)."

"W-What she said! I'll, um... Erm... I'll t-t-take some lemonade and a chocolate muffin!"

The waitress bowed. "Your orders will arrive shortly."

As she walked away, I could've sworn I heard her whisper, "I ship it!"

I turned to Midoriya, the atmosphere very, very awkward.

"Hahaha, well that was certainly unexpected."

Midoriya nodded his head rapidly, not making eye contact.Both of our faces were still flushed from the waitress' statement.

This is sooooo awkward!

"So, um, Midoriya. Do you have a quirk?"

"Uh, yes I do, but it was late."

"So you're a late bloomer?"

"Yep!"

"What's your quirk?"

"Oh, it's um... It's kinda like super strength or something! I'm not sure since it only manifested a couple of weeks ago! I also can't control it very well!" he replied, clearly panicking.

He seems very nervous.

"So... Do you have a quirk?"

My smile dropped. I looked down and stared at my feet, my hair covered my eyes. "No. I'm quirkless."

Go on... Laugh at me.

"Wow! You're quirkless and you managed you get into Yuuei! That's amazing (L/N)! You have to tell me how you did it!"

I looked up at him in surprise.

"I, s-sure."

"Would you like to see my analysis book? Maybe it can help you!"

I looked at him. Really looked at him. His fluffy green hair, those sparkly emerald eyes filled with fascination and joy. His cute little smile and those adorable freckles!

He's cute...

"Sure, tell me more about your analysis book."

"Well it's kind of embarrassing, but I've analysed a lot of heroes and their quirks. I've also done it with a few of my friends. I'm on my thirteenth book," he explained sheepishly, a light pink dusting his cheeks.

"That's cool. It must be helpful."

Midoriya nodded.

"Your drinks." The waitress from earlier handed us our orders. "I will return shortly with your food. Please wait."

"Awesome! Thank you so much!"

She simply nodded and walked to serve another group that just entered.

"So Midoriya. Tell me about yourself."