Chapter 36: Unresponsive

(Y/N)'s POV:
Izuku and Ochaco...

Shōto and Momo...

And Katsuki doesn't really have a love interest... Well maybe Kirishma...

Still... I have a crush on-

At least I think I do.

I'm not really sure because this crush...

This crush is different from the one I had on Shōto...

Ochaco...is an amazing girl...

And Izuku...is a stellar boy...

And I want Izuku to be happy...

Then there's Shōto and Momo...

And finally Katsuki...

...it's just a crush.

If I pretend these feelings aren't here, it'll go away eventually.

I don't want to fall in love and I don't need to either.

And besides, I'm probably overthinking it.

I'm not even sure if it is a crush so I shouldn't stress over it.

"(Y/N) (L/N)!"

"WHATEVER IT IS, I DIDN'T DO IT!" I quickly clamped my mouth shut once I realised what I had yelled.

Aizawa sighed and muttered under his breath. "Pay attention. You can't afford to be distracted."

I looked down at my desk. "Got it. Won't happen again teach'."

"Good, no-"

The bell rang and cut Eraserhead off before he could continue whatever it was he was saying.

I tuned out the next lesson as it was just a regular, old, non hero subject once again becoming lost in my own thoughts.

For whatever reason, my eyelids felt heavy after what felt like a while and I felt drowsy too. Which was not right. I had slept very well for a few days now without staying up until stupid o'clock. Well aside from last night that is.

Regardless, I had felt pretty good and energised this morning when I woke up. I was far healthier than I was in my previous school, that much was certain.

So why do I feel so tired right now?

I tried to refocus my attention on the lesson at hand but to no avail. My vision had started to blur and I felt really dizzy. There was also a ringing in my ears that was slowly giving me a headache.

I let out a quiet groan and let my eyes shut.

I rested my arms on the desk and my head on top of them.

3rd Person POV:
Silent snores filled the class from the now sleeping child sat at the back, next to the window.

Shōto heard the deathly quiet snores originate from (Y/N) and looked at her from the corner of his eye.

When President Mic turned his back in the class to write on the board, Shōto took the chance to gently shake the girl sat next to him in an attempt to wake her up.

She did not.

Shōto then placed his hand on top of hers and created enough ice for her to notice the drop in temperature even in an unconscious state.

Still nothing.

At this point, he was concerned.

He knew (Y/N). She was usually highly attentive even in an unconscious state which was what made her a great fighter.

He quickly and quietly got out of his seat and shook her harder than before. "(Y/N)?" he whispered quietly.

No response.

No movement.

He checked her pulse.

Slow. Very slow.

He checked it again.

Slow. Very slow.

Okay. Time to take action.

He shook her again gently and called out her name, loud enough for everyone in the room to hear it, with a tone of urgency.

"(Y/N)! Wake up!"

President Mic stopped writing on the board and turned around. "Todoroki sit down! And (L/N)-"

"I can't wake her up and her pulse is slow!" Todoroki explained, cutting the loud individual off.

"Iida, go get Recovery Girl quickly! The rest of you cover your ears."

Iida zipped out of the classroom while the rest of the class covered their ears as requested by the pro.

Using his quirk, President Mic proceeded to shout random things into (L/N)'s ear for a solid minute or so.

Nothing.

She was completely unresponsive.