Chapter 57: For Now

3rd Person POV:
It took a long time for (Y/N) to calm down. Izuku hadn't expected this in the slightest.

Originally, he had come up because she never came down for lunch and he was worried she'd forget to eat. And yet, nothing in the world could have prepared him for this.

"Wh-What was he like?"

"An asshole. The complete opposite of you."

"So like Kacchan?"

She let out a small laugh. "No, no! Kats is way better than that bastard. I don't know what I ever saw in him."

Now he knew why Kacchan is better... He'd never do something as horrible as that, even with his high ego and gigantic pride. It just isn't herolike not will it ever be.

"Please...don't leave me..."

She sounds so defeated...

"I promise...I won't..."

After that, she only sounds she made were hiccups, sniffles and sobbing. There wasn't anything he could do other than hold her.

Midoriya was angry with himself. It was his jealousy that put them here. Her being upset right now...was mostly his fault. He was worried it might change their relationship.

Her body relaxed in his arms.

"(Y/N)?" Izuku asked, a little worried.

She let out a tired hum to let him know she was listening.

"Do you...Can we talk again now?"

He felt her nod against his chest.

"Then in that case...I think...you should report him..."

She froze up again. She rapidly shook her head.

"No no no no no no no no no no." That's all she kept saying in clear panic. No. Over and over and over again. "No. No. I can't... I can't... He's rich..."

"(Y/N)-"

"I just can't! He'll win! He said that if I ever tried to-tried to...tried to..."

Heavy breaths followed suit. The dread she was feeling was overwhelming, suffocating. It was like someone was strangling her. It was hard to breathe.

"(Y/N)?"

She felt like crying again. She was crying again. Worse than before.

At this point, the tears just fell from her eyes automatically, like when water falls off a cliff.

She clutched onto Izuku for dear life. Was she going to die?

"I'm calling Todoroki!" Izuku announced, but (Y/N) could barely hear him now.

Her palms were sweaty, her throat as dry as a desert. Her entire body shook with fear. She could no longer recognise her room.

"(Y/N)."

Stop.

She looked up to where Izuku was, except she didn't see him. She saw Yami.

Suddenly, she was back there, on that terrible, terrible night. Back in his room. Back in his bed.

A shiver went down her spine.

She unknowingly threw a punch at Izuku who caught it. She activated her quirk, flames emerging from her body leaving Izuku no choice but to push her away from him.

"(Y/N)! Please stop!"

Their voices mixed together, creating more confusion within her. This was Izuku, but...it also was Yami?