Chapter 19: Yūki

3rd Person POV:
"I can't believe I'm stuck with the teachers just because I was worried for my two dumb friends who could have quite possibly got themselves killed..."

The staff sweatdropped as they listened to the child whisper complaints and how she planned to get back at her peers for being quote on quote idiots.

"And what the hell is Mister Yagi doing here? Did Shōta Aizawa call him or something? Am I in trouble?"

All Might tried to ignore the girl who had been forced to sit next to him.

When she had been dragged to see Recovery Girl by her homeroom teacher after Izuku's surgery, her cast was removed and replaced with bandages.

It was currently in a sling to see to it that she wouldn't do what she had done earlier and/or push herself too far.

Whilst (L/N) rambled on about the possible reasons her carer was here, President Mic introduced Bakugō and Todoroki, the final match for that day.

"I know your upset (L/N) but can you at least cheer for your two friends. This is the final fight and I'm sure it will be great," Toshinori said attempting to calm the girl for what he hoped to be the final time.

She hummed in reply and stopped complaining at long last.

The staff sighed in relief whilst Nezu chuckled.

The whole stadium watched the two fight and (L/N) couldn't help but narrow her eyes when Shōto hesitated to use his fire allowing Katsuki to win: a win he wasn't pleased with.

Midnight used her quirk to make the boy fall asleep and Bakugō was announced as the overall winner of the tournament.

"Just as he said he would," (Y/N) mumbled, a hint of envy as well as sorrow evident in her voice.

She had a bored look on her face, her head resting on the back of both palms as she had removed her arm from the sling knowing full well that she would probably be placed on lockdown for a while. She would also be prevented from creating gadgets and training.

What was uncharacteristic of her, was the fact that she no longer argued nor refused to do as she was told; at least for now.

Despite all her complaints, the girl had been co-operative after the fight between Izuku and Shōto.

She blanked out the award ceremony, ignoring pretty much everything around her. Like most of that day, her eyes were dead and dull, her (e/c) orbs seemingly have been dimmed to a darker shade.

She didn't even protest when Todoroki informed her that he would be walking her home again!

Instead the quirkless girl remained silent and would hardly bat an eyelid at anything.

She didn't even throw insults back at Katsuki in any way, shape or form when he tried to taunt her.

As (L/N) and Todoroki walked side by side, Shōto carrying her bags, he noticed how her hand would twitch occasionally as well as her eyes. The girl would mutter incoherent words every now and again almost like she was having a conversation with herself.

He recalled that when they were children, she would do this whenever she was deep in thought or wanted to figure something out, the only difference between now and then was that her eyes were pretty much lifeless at this current moment in time.

Regardless, he refrained from talking as he too had to sort through his emotions and own thoughts.

Thus the two walked in silence to the Yagi resident where Shōto left (Y/N)'s belongings in her room before leaving the reader alone with her thoughts.