Chapter 18: Lack of Patience

3rd Person POV:
"(L/N)!" Izuku yelled, pleased to see his classmate alive and well.

"Midoriya!"

The green haired boy carefully wrapped his arms around the girl. "I'm glad your okay, but...why are you wearing that?"

"Because Ashido and Midnight made me," the girl grumbled as she gave the classmate in question a cold yet stern glare.

Upon hearing President Mic introducing Shōto and Hanta, Izuku sat down and the class watched the two enter the field.

"Oh no..." (L/N) muttered under her breath.

She carefully eyed Todoroki who looked extremely pissed off.

Sero's lost already, she thought knowing that Shōto will most likely go overboard with his attacks.

To start off the match, Sero wrapped his tape around his peer and proceeded to try and swing him out of bounds.

The class watched as Todoroki muttered something before sending an ice attack with his foot to freeze the ground. The attack made its way to Sero and created a burst that caused the entire stadium to shake.

Sero was frozen inside the wave of ice and was now unable to move.

Shōto broke free from the icy restraints and Midnight, who is also somewhat frozen herself, declared Todoroki as the winner after Hanta admitted he couldn't move.

After an eerie silence, the crowd called out, "Nice try," as a means to comfort Sero for at least trying.

(Y/N) watched as Shōto melted the ice with a sad look. The girl abruptly left the stands to go and console Todoroki.

(Y/N)'s POV:
"Shōto!" I called as I saw him exit the field.

"(L/N)?" he questioned. He stopped and waited for me patiently.

I skidded to a halt and caught my breath.

"Why did you call me by my first name?"

"It just slipped out. What's wrong Todoroki? You seemed really, really pissed during that battle?"

Todoroki shot me a confused look.

"I was drunk?"

"No, you were super duper mad," I deadpanned.

Shōto looked at his right hand before saying, "It was ju-"

"Tell me the truth moron! Regardless of what you say, I've decided: we're still friends! And there's nothing you can ever do or say that will change that fact! So tell me what the hell got you so mad to the point that you became astonishingly predictable to your childhood friend!" I demanded, pointing a finger at him in accusation knowing full well that what he was about to say was going to be a flat out lie.

We have a hella weird friendship right now...

Todoroki sighed before turning his gaze to the ground.

"Let's talk later," he said, grabbing my hand and taking me back to the stands before I could argue with him.

I swiftly slipped my hand out of his grip before running off in the opposite direction.

Time skip brought to you by (Y/N) wandering around like a lost puppy

I kicked open the door that led to where President Mic and Eraserhead were currently sitting.

"Did you ditch your class?" Mister Aizawa accused. I let out a whistle as I made my way to their seats. My homeroom teacher merely sighed as he mumbled, "What am I going to do with you (L/N)?"