Chapter 50: Candle Light

3rd Person POV:
"(Y/N), wait!" Izuku called out after his girlfriend. "I-I... Beforeyougototraining- TAKETHIS! HERE!"

The poor boy's cheeks lit up as he spoke, still somewhat flustered from their date. He still couldn't believe how lucky he was. Even despite hearing his best friend's confession, he still had his doubts about her feelings towards him.

But now, he doubted whether or not he was good enough for her.

Shōto could buy her anything she wanted. His father was the new top hero after all. He could take her for nice dinners, buy her expensive gifts. He was also far more calm and collective than he'll ever be.

Katsuki on the other hand would probably be more fun to be with due to his explosive personality. The two already had a great bond even if Katsuki didn't like to admit. They usually fought and joked and laughed, her friendship with him while strange was also wholesome and pushed her to become better with her quirk.

What did he, Izuku Midoriya, a formerly quirkless boy have to offer her?

It wasn't much in his opinion.

He couldn't do all that. He couldn't afford fancy things or be fun. Like most people say when they first meet, he's kind of plain looking. He didn't stand out in a crowd-

"It's cute. Thank you Izu."

He felt her tender lips meet his forehead despite her being somewhat shorter than him. He blushed more, his shoulders now hunched up as he became rigged, not expecting the sudden display of affection.

Steam bored out of his ears out of sheer embarrassment.

Izuku.exe has stopped working.

"Crap!" (Y/N) cursed.

"(Y/N), how was your date with young Midoriya?" Yagi's voice resonated through the air.

"All Might! Help! I think I broke Izuku!" the fifteen year old girl panicked, rapidly shaking Izuku back and forth.

Toshinori sweatdropped at the scene in front of him.

His soon to be adopted daughter was doing everything she could to 'unbreak' her boyfriend who had frozen himself solid. He was completely unresponsive.

She panicked even more when her quirk activated itself and almost burnt him.

"Izuku! Izuku! Izuku! Hey! Wake up! Please?" she begged.

She accidentally dumped a giant water ball on top of him and herself, which successfully rebooted Izuku.exe.

The two soaked teens just stared at each other before bursting out with roaring laughter.

Toshinori just watched the entire thing unfold before his very eyes.

Teenagers... he thought to himself.

"I-I better go Izuku. Whoever's training me today ain't gonna wait forever," she mumbled once the duo calmed down from their fit of joy.

"Y-Y-Yeah!" the sixteen year old stammered, trying his best to mask his disappointment.

(Y/N) frowned upon seeing how sad he was that they couldn't spend anymore time together for now. She only smiled when an idea popped into her head, a light bulb going off to signal it to the audience.

She shifted her weight on her feet, going onto her toes to quickly peck the greenette's nose.

Izuku transformed from a broccoli to a cherry, his entire face lighting up red as he turned away to mutter profoundly whilst he freaked out.