Canon Oneshot: Shōto and (Y/N) Adopt a Cat

(Y/N)'s POV:
We were almost out of supplies at the dorm so Shō, Katsu, Izu and I all volunteered to go get groceries together like the best of pals we were (that's a half truth according to our class).

Nezu granted us permission and told us all to return by like three or something.

Okay. Cool.

We went off to the shopping district and went out to fulfill the shopping list given to us by our peers. Only problem was...we had to hit every shop.

We had to buy food, new outfits, some gaming consoles and new tech'. Paper, pens, books. The lot.

Katsuki naturally began fuming and rung his little gang, bellowing at them all for requesting stupid things.

But that wasn't the only problem.

Between us, we didn't have a lot of money, just enough to get the essentials. As you've already guessed, many items on that list weren't really what we needed to get a full meal in our bellies.

Izuku and I were about to put our heads together to think of a way to make everyone happy when Shōto pulled out his dad's credit card and Katsuki pulled out his mum's.

The two of us were about to heavily object to their stupid plan when Shō grabbed my wrist and pulled me away from from my boyfriend and blonde bestie while Katsuki dragged Izuku to the stores upstairs.

I folded my arms across my chest, an angry pout now on my face as Shōto hauled me to our first stop.

"How are things between you and Midoriya?" he asked, grabbing some notebooks and pens for Momo and Iida.

"Great! It hasn't been that long yet but things are going really well," I replied, spying a pretty sketchpad that had caught my eye. "I wanna draw him sometime and give it to him as a gift," I admitted, inspecting the sketchbook thoroughly before setting it back.

"(Y/N)-"

And that's when we heard it.

A soft gentle purr sounded from Shōto's leg, a small white-haired kitten rubbing itself against his left side making her the obvious source of the noise.

Shōto smiled slightly whilst I cooed and picked her up with great care.

She was skinny. Startling skinny. I could feel her bones through its fur.

"Awww... Shōto, let's get some cat food," I ordered, cradling the blue eyed kitten in my arms.

"(Y/N), I don't think that's a good idea," he voiced, his eyes glaring at me for stealing the kitten.

"Food! Now! It's hungry--" I whined, my heart breaking when she snuggled against my chest.

"Yuuei might not-"

"Look into its eyes and tell me no Shōto," I blackmailed, holding the kitten out so he could stare into its soul.

"We're keeping it," he declared after a moment, taking the cat from me to carry it in his left arm so she had some warth.

"That's what I thought," I smirked, knowing full well he had a weak spot for cats.

This happened more than you might think. When we still spoke to each other, we'd go play outside and stray/neighborhood cats would come to his backyard or meet us in the park and rub his left leg, often circling around it because of the cosy warmth.

It was freaking adorable and Tōya had taken a picture of the last time it happened when I was there.

Shōto still had it to this day, however it now resided in his house since he had a reputation to keep at Yuuei of being...stoetic I guess?