Chapter 16: He's Right

3rd Person POV:
"Not another word," the teenager threatened as Midnight snickered at the outfit the young girl was forced to wear.

(Y/N) was currently having her hair curled at the tips as requested by one of her peers, the evil one who made her wear a skirt of all things.

As Midnight finished curling the girl's hair, she began to braid a small section of hair and had Recovery Girl braid another section before joining them at the middle to do the same with both pieces. When she was finished, she used a navy blue bobble that had a white star to tie at the end of the braid so it wouldn't come undone.

Midnight placed the hairband on the girl's head and smiled at (Y/N)'s reflection.

"You look so cute~" she teased making the quirkless girl turn red all over.

Unable to think of a witty comeback, (Y/N) sighed as Midnight placed Midoriya's pendant around her neck first, followed by Todoroki's and finally, the wicked witch who made (L/N) wear this outfit today.

Thankfully they were all of different lengths, Midoriya's being the shortest which fell a little past her collar bone. The longest was the seashell necklace that fell near the girl's chest.

"And done!" Midnight claimed as she clapped her hands together in delight.

She ushered the poor girl to stand up so she could she how she looked.

"You look absolutely precious!" Midnight exclaimed when the teenager reluctantly turned and faced her.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm adorable. Can I please get some food before the Sports Festival starts?" the child asked as she rolled her eyes.

As if on cue Nezu and Endeavor entered the infirmary whilst Midnight placed the bracelets the girl had received onto her left arm, including Momo's rather expensive one.

"I see you're looking sharp today," Nezu teased.

The girl turned her head to the side in an attempt to hide her blush.

"I'm only wearing this as I have no choice in the matter."

"Yes, yes, of course," Nezu cleared his throat before continuing. "(L/N), next to me is the pro hero Endeavor. He will be accompanying you during the first half of the Sports Festival until the one on one battles where you will be expected to remain with your classmates. If you are to visit any of them during that time, I must request that you take one peer with you. Am I clear?"

"Yes," the girl replied in a bored tone.

Midnight packed her remaining gifts into several bags and carefully wrapped the pictures in bubble wrap before placing them in separate bags.

(Y/N) requested to be allowed to hold the shrine the young boy had made for her so that it wouldn't get ruined.

Midnight handed the bags to Endeavor and waved them off as they left the infirmary.

A nervous aura surrounded the child as she found herself under Enji Todoroki's glare several times.

As they approached the canteen, she let out a nervous laugh and tried to break the heavy silence.

"H-Hey, Endeavor."

Endeavor grunted a reply back. (L/N) didn't try to talk with him after that.

After getting herself some toast for breakfast, she wandered through the halls to the stands her class will soon be sat in after lunch.

Upon entering the stadium, the first thing she noticed was the noise and the fireworks that were being set off signalling the start of the event.

"Just made it..." the quirkless teen muttered as she sat down near the front so she could see the action, Shōto's father standing by her side. He set down the bags and crossed his arms.

(L/N) doubted he was even going to bother to cheer for his son unless the boy met his twisted needs.

She returned her attention to the field as President Mic introduced her class to the crowd.

Out came (Y/N)'s fellow peers onto the field, some of them looking around, others walking straight ahead without a second glance.

The reader set down the shrine the boy had made for her and walked up to the railing.

She waved her left arm and shouted, "Hey guys!" as loud as she could.

It had seemed that the ones who were closer to her had managed to hear her voice ring out despite the loud noises coming from the large crowd.

They alerted the others who smiled and waved back at her or in some cases, simply looked at the girl before turning their attention back to the front of the line.

"Good luck everyone!" (Y/N) yelled encouragingly, giving them all a thumbs up.

Like last time some returned the thumbs up whilst others simply nodded.

Once the other classes rolled in it was time for Bakugō to make his speech as he had scored the highest in the entrance exams.

"I pledge..." he began, leaving Class 1A on the edge as he had riled up the competition when they were scouting out the classroom the day they all left gifts for their peer who was now watching them, "that I will win."

At first there was silence before a series of boos and insults emerged from the other classes whilst Class 1A all panicked and yelled at their overconfident peer. Katsuki turned around and said something to them as his gave them a thumbs down.

Classic Bakugō, the one eyed girl sweatdropped as he returned to his place. "But... Something tells me he's right..."