Chapter 20: Chosen For You

(Y/N)'s POV:
As Uraraka, Midoriya and I navigated through the school hallways without Iida who appeared to have already left, we talked about who we were thinking of interning with.

"What about you (L/N)? No one could really scout you out because you couldn't participate."

I glanced at the brunette before saying, "I'm not sure. There are a lot of agencies to choose from and whilst I did skim through the list, none of them really meet what I'm looking for."

"But didn't you tell the class that you lacked experience? I thought you'd leap at this opportunity," Midoriya replied.

"Before all this, yes, I would have chosen the coolest looking agency and gone for it, but now I think I'm going to do my research before I drive head first."

"Midoriya!" All Might suddenly called out. "May I have a word with you?"

Midoriya looked at the two of us first as if seeking permission.

"Go, go! It could be important," I chuckled.

"(L/N)'s right. Don't worry about us."

"Thanks guys!"

And then there were two.

"(L/N)."

I felt a shiver run down my spine as I heard both Nezu and Eraserhead call out my name.

I sheepishly turned around and said, "Whatever it is, I didn't do it..."

Nezu only laughed.

"You're not in trouble, we just need to sit down and have a chat with you."

"Oh okay because I definitely didn't wreck anything. I'll see you tomorrow Uraraka."

"Yeah, bye (L/N)!"

And with that, we went our separate ways for the day.

3rd Person POV:
"So you told the class that you're quirkless," Gran Torino stated.

"Was I not supposed to?"

"No, not yet but that isn't why you're here."

"Then why am I?"

"We simply need to talk. Everything we tell you now cannot be revealed to anyone. Am I clear?" Aizawa stated sternly.

The (h/c) girl gulped before nodding. She had never seen Nezu, Gran Torino and Eraserhead so serious before.

"We are well aware that you're chosen Yūki as your hero name, however, you won't be going on an internship just yet," Shōta began.

"Instead you will be training for a week here at Yuuei. For the first three days you will be trained by the Big Three, who you already know, then you will be training under my instruction for two days," Nezu explained.

"And the final days of the week?"

"You will be training with me and Midoriya over at my place," Gran Torino said.

"Wait! Midoriya's taking his intern with you? Is that why All Might pulled him aside earlier?"

Gran Torino nodded whilst (L/N) shivered already feeling sorry for her friend.

"So (L/N), what do you think?"

The girl looked at her bandaged arm before saying, "I accept," to the surprise of Gran Torino and Eraserhead.

"What happened to that headstrong attitude of yours?!" Gran Torino blurted out, switching to his more playful side.

"Don't you dare use that facade on me old man!"