Chapter 30: Getting the Hang of This

(Y/N)'s POV:
It was now the evening on the same day I had apologised to my classmates.

Everything was as it should be and much to my surprise, there were some treats left over from my baking.

I made my way to where the other girls were sat and took a seat on the floor.

I slurped the juice from my carton and looked up at Uraraka who was floating up in the air.

"Uh... Uraraka?"

"(Y/N)! Ochaco has a crush on one of the boys and won't tell us!" Mina whined.

"Oh you called me by my first name. I guess we're on the first name basis now."

"Pay attention (Y/N)! We have to make Ochaco spill!" Toru squealed childishly.

I returned my gaze to the flustered floating girl, following her gaze out the window.

"She's looking at Izuku," I whispered to myself so no one else could hear. I glanced at her quickly. "Ochaco!"

"Y-Yes! (Y/N)?!" she stuttered, snapping out of her daze.

"Is it Izuku?"

"Is what Deku?"

"Do you like Izuku?"

"Yes of course! As a friend!"

"No as in do you like Izuku like a lover?"

"What?! N-No! No of course not! D-D-Deku and y-y-you are really close friends! A-Anyone can see that! I-If I liked him that way, which I don't, it could ruin your-"

"Ochaco and Izuku, sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a bab-"

"(Y/N)!" Ochaco screamed, extremely embarrassed.

I chuckled mischievously. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding," I reassured her.

She visually calmed and slowly returned to planet earth.

"(Y/N). Have you come up with a super move yet?" Momo asked, desperately trying to change the subject.

I shook my head. "No. I only just got my quirk and my hero costume should be ready later tonight. I actually planned on training with Shōto and possibly Izuku until then."

"(Y/N), do you like Todoroki or Midoriya?" Toru asked.

"Of course. They're great friends," I replied, not catching her drift.

"No, like romantically. Do you want to be in a roman-"

"Toru!" Ochaco and Momo exclaimed.

"No it's fine. And to answer your question Toru, Shōto and Izuku are two of my closest friends. I have no romantic interest in them."

"Really, but you're so close with them."

"Because we're great friends. I've known Shōto from a young age and I met Izuku a little after the entrance exams."

"Do either one of them like you that way?!" Mina exclaimed.

"I can't speak for them-"

"No I don't," Shōto cut in, a bored expression on his face.

"So blunt!" the other girls claimed.

Shōto ignored their outburst and turned to me. "(Y/N), you said you wanted to train?"

I quickly nodded. "Mm hm. I was hoping you could help me since you have a fire quirk and all."

"I see. Shall we head off now?" I nodded again.