Chapter 31: Awkward

Izuku's POV:
"Hey has anyone seen (Y/N)?" I asked as I walked onto the living area.

Todoroki looked up from his breakfast and shook his head. "I checked in on her this morning and got no reply," he explained before returning to his food.

I frowned a little and grabbed a quick bite to eat before training.

"She's gonna be late if she's still asleep," Kacchan said, surprisingly calm.

"R-Right..."

"What business do you have with (L/N) anyway? I hope it isn't inappropriate," Iida asked, his glasses reflecting the light for a quick moment as he spoke.

"No, no. Nothing like that... I, uh... I just need to talk to her... I guess." My voice got smaller and smaller.

"Good morning Deku!" Uraraka cheered as she exited the elevator with the other girls.

"M-Morning," I replied. "Have you girls seen (Y/N) this morning?"

Tsuyu shook her head.

"We thought she was down here with you guys," Uraraka explained.

"Let's forget about (Y/N) for a second ladies, we have a question for Midoriya after all," Ashido grinned, an evil glint in her eyes.

"I really don't think we should-"

"Now, now Momo, there's no harm in asking, am I right?"

"Y-Yes, I suppose but we are-"

"So Midoriya," Ashido began.

"Huh? Yes?"

"Do you like (Y/N)?" Ashido questioned, coming closer, a smirk on her face.

"O-Of c-c-course. She's a gr-great friend and-"

"No no no! Do you have a crush on her?" Hagakure interrupted.

I felt my face burn up rapidly. "No! Of course not! That'd be so weird! We're just really close friends! No romantic feelings involved!"

"Your face is red Midoriya," Todoroki stated ever so calmly. "Are you sick again?"

"N-No! I just... It's um..."

"Oh~ Midoriya's in love~" Ashido and Hagakure sang.

"P-Please you two! Now isn't the time for this! We have training soon!"

By now, I was sure I looked like a blushing madman.

I mean, I guess I like (L/N), but if I was to pursue a romantic relationship with her, what would happen?

Would she reject me?

Would she go out with me?

Besides, it's probably too early to be thinking like that, we haven't known each for long after all.

Maybe these feelings will go over time.

We both want to focus on becoming heroes so... Maybe I should ignore them...

"I'm-I'm gonna go to Gamma Gym..."

"Midoriya, we still have-"

"Yes, yes I know we have a while but I need to go practice some more."

I dashed to the elevator and put on my hero costume. I activated my quirk so I could run through the living area faster than I could without it.

I made my way to Gamma Gym trying to calm down my nerves.

Once I entered the area, I saw (Y/N).

"Wait that's her hero suit?" I whispered to myself.

(Y/N) was currently standing in one spot launching several attacks using all four elements of her quirk, some attacks including more than one element.

"(Y/N)?"

Why did I call out to her?!

"Izuku? What are you doing here?"

"I came here to practice using my quirk. Is that your hero suit?"

"Yes, for now anyway. What do you think?"

I felt my lips tug into a smile. "You-You look stunning..." I replied, almost in a daze.

"Uh..." I saw her face heat up and soon my did as well.

I began to wave my hands around and speaking really fast.

"Nono!Notinacreepyway!Youjustlookreallygood!Notthatyoudon'talwayslookgoodYou'resupercoolandamazingandinspirational..."

I don't know how long we were there for, her not interrupting me and me just rambling on, but the atmosphere was awkward and much to our dismay, it only got worse.

"What are you two doing here?" our teacher's voice rang out, stopping my rambling almost instantly.

Both (Y/N) and I were still red in the face as we both looked at Aizawa with funny faces.

"I...uh... We were..." I tried to say.

"We were training and kinda ended up...um... words!"

Some of our class giggled while Aizawa just sighed.

"Whatever, get over here to we can set the place up for everyone to train."

"Y-Yes sir!" we both replied and hurried to stand with our class so the area could be prepared for our training.

That was so awkward...