Chapter 29: Crush

Four days later
(Y/N)'s POV:
Over these last few days I've avoided my peers as much as possible from creating random excuses to ignoring them.

I also noticed how much guilt I felt being near them, especially being near Midoriya.

"It really wasn't fair of me to put him on the spot like that," I pondered out loud, my voice muffled by my pillow.

I decided to skip today's training entirely so I wouldn't have to face my class.

"Ugh! I screwed up big time," I screeched, abruptly rolling off the bed and hitting the floor. Not that it bothered me. I was more angry at myself and my own stupid decisions.

It's like I'm the queen of bad decisions and jumping to conclusions.

My hand automatically felt around for my phone.

Once my lazy body part found my cellular device, I unlocked it and went straight to Gran Torino's contact. I hit call and placed the phone next to my ear after rolling under my bed.

"Who is this?"

"(Y/N)."

"Who?" Sorahiko said, switching to his, what I believe to be, more devious side.

"DON'T YOU DARE YA OLD FART!"

"Again, who is this?" he said, immediately dropping the act.

I let out a sigh and used my hero name.

"Yūki."

"Ah, (L/N). How's your training going?"

"Okay."

"How's Midoriya?"

"Actually... That's what I wanna talk to you about." And so I explained the situation to the senile senior, sparing him no detail.

I told him about the class discovering my quirk, how I snapped and the fall out between me and the green haired boy.

"And now I feel so bad that I can't even look at him or socialise with any of them. I'm a shit human being," I vented, finally finishing my long depressing story of how I will now lose my friends.

"Yes you are," he joked harshly, "but surely you've known that you wouldn't last at Yuuei forever without a quirk."

Forgetting that I was under the bed for a moment, I sat up and banged my head.

"Ow," I complained as I rubbed the spot that made contact. "What do you mean?"

"Like your parents, I have always believed that you could become a hero without a quirk. But, even I had some doubts about you entering Yuuei. You see (Y/N), that school pushes you beyond your limits, mentally and physically. There was a reason why the school didn't except quirkless students however, I won't be explaining that today. Yes, perhaps your peers should have been more careful with their words, but they were concerned for you and your well-being as a quirkless human. Some of the things they said weren't entirely incorrect. Being a hero is less taxing with a quirk than without. Much like the boy who won the Sports Festival this year, you too had too much pride and confidence in your abilities and after hearing this, it would appear that you still do despite having a quirk you can't control."

"That's all well and good but what about me and Midoriya?"

"You're just having a lover's quarrel."

My quirk activated on its own accord as I screamed out a reply, "WHAT?!"

I sat up and hit my head once again.

Grumbling to myself, I crawled out from under my bed and proceeded to yell into the phone, my face beet red.